Vaccination Policy to Sail
All guests ages 18 and older must be fully vaccinated.**
COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises but are highly recommended to ensure a smoother vacation experience and to avoid additional onboard testing and costs at your own expense throughout the sailing.
Guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Vaccines approved and accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) OR by the European Medical Agency (EMA) will be considered valid with the current exception of the CanSino vaccine.
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
- Johnson & Johnson
Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated.
Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding.
Sailing Testing Requirements:
All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result in order to board their sailing.
Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test
- Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing.
- Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing.
- Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing.
- For all sailings visiting Spain, you must follow Spain’s Sailing Testing Requirements here.
- For all sailings visiting Greece, self-tests will not be accepted and all guests must complete a supervised COVID-19 test prior to boarding. The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative. We are pleased to make supervised test kits available for order pre-cruise below.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***.
Mid-Cruise/Port of Call
Guests on sailings visiting any port in Greece may be subject to mid-cruise testing, pending vaccination status and itinerary.
No Debark testing required.
*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR at least 1 booster shot. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
**Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted.
***Exception: If a guest from UK/EU under 18 years of age has a Certificate of Recovery and only one dose of a vaccine series, they are considered fully vaccinated.
Re-Entry (to home country)
Most countries no longer require a re-entry test. Should you need a test to re-enter your country of residence, please visit the Guest Relations desk onboard the ship.
Testing varies depending on vaccination status and itinerary. Unvaccinated and/or Fully Vaccinated guests** who are not Up to Date* will need to cover any required costs for embarkation, mid-cruise/port of call or debark required testing. Testing costs and vendors vary by port and country. Celebrity will cover the costs for children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.
PRE-CRUISE Test Kit Resources for U.S. and UK Guests
Self-test kits are now readily available in most drugstores and pharmacies.
Celebrity Cruises has also worked with its trusted vendors to make options for procuring supervised test kits available to you. While these tests exceed our testing requirements, they do feature a certified guide who walks you through the testing steps.
- U.S. Guests can purchase Abbott BinaxNOW test kits here.
- U.K. Guests can purchase Prenetics test kits here.
- We strongly recommend ordering test kits at least 7 days in advance of your sailing.
- Once you have taken the test, you will receive your results in about 15 minutes.