Vaccination Policy to Sail
All guests ages 18 and older must be fully vaccinated.**
COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises but are highly recommended to ensure a smoother vacation experience and to avoid additional onboard testing and costs at your own expense throughout the sailing.
Guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Vaccines approved and accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) OR by the European Medical Agency (EMA) will be considered valid with the current exception of the CanSino vaccine.
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
- Johnson & Johnson
Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated.
Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding.
Sailing Testing Requirements:
All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a monitored, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing, whether a pre-arrival test (for vaccinated) or test administered at the terminal (for unvaccinated).
Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test
- Up to Date* Guests: Must present a digital or physical copy of a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
- Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a present a digital or physical copy of a negative Antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the Terminal will not be required. For itineraries that end in Spain, pre-arrival test must be taken within 1 day of sailing regardless of homeport.
- Unvaccinated Guests: Must present either a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing or have the option to be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.
- For all sailings visiting Spain, you must follow Spain’s Sailing Testing Requirements here.
- For all sailings visiting Greece, self-tests will not be accepted and all guests must complete a supervised COVID-19 test prior to boarding. The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative. We are pleased to make supervised test kits available for order pre-cruise below.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***.
Mid-Cruise/Port of Call
Testing varies depending on vaccination status of guest and itinerary. Unvaccinated and/or Vaccinated guests who are not Up to Date* will need to cover any cost for mid-cruise or port-required testing. Testing costs and vendors vary by port and country. Celebrity will cover the costs for unvaccinated children, who are not eligible to be vaccinated.
No Debark testing required.
*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR at least 1 booster shot. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
**Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted.
***Exception: If a guest from UK/EU under 18 years of age has a Certificate of Recovery and only one dose of a vaccine series, they are considered fully vaccinated.
Re-Entry (to home country)
Most countries no longer require a re-entry test. Should you need a test to re-enter your country of residence, please visit the Guest Relations desk onboard the ship.
Testing varies depending on vaccination status and itinerary. Unvaccinated and/or Fully Vaccinated** guests who are not Up to Date* will need to cover any cost for embarkation, mid-cruise/port of call or debark required testing. Testing costs and vendors vary by port and country. Celebrity will cover the costs for children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.
PRE-CRUISE Test Kit Resources for U.S. and UK Guests
While approved test kits are now readily available at drugstores and pharmacies, we are also pleased to make them available for order pre-cruise. We suggest that you order them at least one full week in advance of your sailing. These tests allow you to complete your pre-cruise test at home or any place of your choosing with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Guide. Your results are typically ready in about 15 minutes. The cost for COVID-19 test kits may be covered by your health insurance plan. Please check with your insurance provider for coverage benefits.
U.S. RESIDENTS ORDER HERE – ABBOTT BINAXNOW™
U.K. RESIDENTS ORDER HERE - PRENETICS™