Beginning with sailings embarking on Sept. 5, 2022, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can now cruise as long as they meet testing requirements to board. While vaccinations are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises, they are highly recommended.
COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises but are highly recommended.
While vaccinations are not required, guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Vaccines approved and accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) OR by the European Medical Agency (EMA) will be considered valid with the current exception of the CanSino vaccine.
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
- Johnson & Johnson
Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated.
Sailing Testing Requirements:
- Up-to-Date* Guests:
- For all sailings 9 nights or less, no pre-boarding testing is required.
- For all sailings 10 nights or longer, guests ages 12 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.
- Fully Vaccinated** and Unvaccinated Guests:
- All guests ages 12 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.
- For all sailings visiting Greece, self-tests will not be accepted. All guests must complete a supervised COVID-19 test from either an antigen test result taken within 48 hours prior to boarding or a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours prior to boarding. The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative. We are pleased to make supervised test kits available for order pre-cruise below. Fully-Vaccinated** Guests and Unvaccinated Guests may be subject to additional mid-cruise testing.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination.
Mid-Cruise/Port of Call
Guests on sailings visiting any port in Greece may be subject to mid-cruise testing, pending vaccination status and itinerary.
No Debark testing required.
Re-Entry (to home country)
Most countries no longer require a re-entry test. Should you need a test to re-enter your country of residence, please visit the Guest Relations desk onboard the ship.
Testing varies depending on vaccination status and itinerary. Unvaccinated and/or Fully Vaccinated guests** who are not Up to Date* will need to cover any required costs for embarkation, mid-cruise/port of call or debark required testing. Testing costs and vendors vary by port and country. Celebrity will cover the costs for children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.
*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR at least 1 booster shot. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
**Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted.
PRE-CRUISE Test Kit Resources for U.S. and UK Guests
Self-tests are now readily available in most drugstores and pharmacies.
Celebrity Cruises has also worked with its trusted vendors to make options for procuring supervised test kits available to you. We strongly recommend ordering test kits at least 7 days in advance of your sailing. While these tests exceed our testing requirements, they do feature a certified guide who walks you through the testing steps.
U.S. RESIDENTS ORDER HERE – ABBOTT BINAXNOW™
U.K. RESIDENTS ORDER HERE - PRENETICS™