Celebrity Ballet and Boulud Contest Official Rules
October 7, 2019 –October 11, 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Celebrity Ballet and Boulud Contest, (the “Contest”) is open only to Captain’s Club members (Classic, Select, Elite, Elite Plus or Zenith) who are permanent, legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including D.C. and Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any services for purposes of entering this Contest. Employees of Celebrity Cruises Inc. and any of its respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of this Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws and regulations.
2. Sponsor: Celebrity Cruises Inc., 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives a Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on October 7, 2019 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“EDT”) and ends on October 11, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, Captain’s Club members (Classic, Select, Elite, Elite Plus or Zenith) can enter the Contest by uploading to Instagram Facebook one (1) photo or video (“Submission” or “Entry”) of your favorite homemade meal or your best artistic talent (i.e. singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument, etc.) ,and write, in a few words, why you should have the chance to attend an American Ballet Theatre performance and enjoy a dinner at Bar Boulud in New York City. If submitting a homemade meal, the meal must be photographed or videoed in finished form. If submitting an artistic talent, the photograph or video must be original and make clear what your artistic talent is (i.e. singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument, etc.). The photo or video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement. Each submission must tag our social media account @CelebrityCruises and add the hashtags #BalletandBoulud and #ContestEntry to indicate that you have read and agree to the Contest’s Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that entry via Facebook or Instagram will result in the submission of your photo/video to the Contest. By submitting your photo/video and tagging @CelebrityCruises with the hashtags #BalletandBoulud and #ContestEntry, you agree that your photo or video conforms to the Photo and Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your photo or video fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Photo and Video Guidelines:
Your original Submission must tag @CelebrityCruises and include the hashtags #BalletandBoulud and #ContestEntry as part of your Instagram or Facebook post.
The photo/video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind with a prize value of greater than $300;
The photo/video must not have been commissioned by another media organization; and
The photo/video must not have been previously published as a result of paid publication.
The photo or video Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement;
The Submission must not contain anyone other than the entrant. Entrant is the sole person who can grant permission to use the photo or video. If an entrant’s photo or video contains any person other than the entrant himself/herself, the Submission will be disqualified;
The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks, except for Sponsor's trademark for which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purposes of creating and uploading a Submission into this Contest;
The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Photo or Video is created;
The Submission must be an accurate representation of the moment it purports to capture. Minor adjustments (e.g., cropping, sharpening and slight color corrections) may be made, but significant alterations, whether done digitally or mechanically, will result in disqualification;
For all Submissions: One entry per person. Each entry must have unique content. Multiple uploads of the same photo or video will not increase entrant’s chances of winning. Uploading a photo or video constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions (along with a name credit) in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes from the date of entrant’s submission into perpetuity. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the photo or video. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected photos or videos, which are disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential Winners (defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder; and
The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the following process:
A panel of judges as determined by Sponsor will select up to five (5) potential prize winners (“Potential Prize Winners”) from among all Entries, based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Relevance to the theme of Celebrity Cruises Inc. (20%);
Creativity in dealing with the subject matter (60%); and
Technical merit of the Submission (20%).
The up to five (5) Submissions that receive the highest scores and accept this Prize will be deemed the prize winners (“Prize Winners”). Judging will take place on or around October 12, 2019.
In the event of a tie, the Submissions will be re-scored by the judges and the Submissions that receives the highest scores will be deemed the Potential Prize Winners. The Potential Prize Winners will be notified on October 12, 2019 on or around 6:00 p.m. ET.
7. Winner Requirements, Notification and Verification: Notification will be done via phone call and/or direct messaging to the Instagram account or Facebook account responsible for posting the winning Submissions. To verify potential Winners, Sponsor will send a direct message and/or phone call if we have the phone number. The Potential Winners will have one (1) day to respond to the direct message accepting the Prize. Any failure to reach the Potential Winners by direct messaging or phone call will result in disqualification of the Potential Winners, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute Winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. As a condition of being awarded a Prize, Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) and any other documents as determined by Sponsor, which must be returned to Sponsor within one (1) day of receipt. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within one (1) day, or to comply with any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules, may result in a Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to a substitute Winner. Winner and guest must be able to provide proper identification documentation (which may include passports); failure to provide proper identification documentation will result in forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize and the award of the Prize to a substitute Winner. An alternate Winner will be determined by Sponsor through an application of the Judging Criteria, in the judges’ sole discretion.
Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute and signify Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use Winners’ name, city, state, likeness, photo/video and/or Prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, Winners shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the photos and videos submitted and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submissions for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the photos/videos and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the photos/videos. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be booked by October 15, 2019 and fulfilled by October 19, 2019.
8. Prize: A total of up to five Prizes will be awarded. Each “Prize” includes two (2) round-trip airplane tickets to New York City from any major US or Canadian airport if winner does not reside within driving distance, (“driving distance” is defined as winner’s place of residence being within 150 miles of New York City), one (1) hotel stay for two guests on October 19, 2019 and October 20, 2019 at a hotel, ground transportation to and from the New York City airport to hotel, two (2) tickets to the October 20, 2019 American Ballet Theatre presentation of ‘Balanchine, Bennett & The Beach Boys at 2pm at the David H. Koch theatre, and a group dinner at Bar Boulud (1900 Broadway New York, NY 10023) in New York City hosted by the corporate loyalty team on October 20, 2019. Odds of winning dependent on number of eligible entries received. Approximate retail value of the Prize: $1,950
9. General Conditions: Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable, and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Prize may not be upgraded, and no substitutions by Winners will be allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of comparable or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible Winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Celebrity Cruises Inc. Winner may waive their right to receive Prizes. Unused components of the Prize have no redeemable cash value and no compensation will be made.
Winners and travel companions are each solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in these Official Rules, that may be incurred or arise as a result of being awarded a Prize. Such costs may include, but are not limited to all federal, state, local, or other government or quasi-governmental taxes and fees, travel insurance, and items of a personal nature (i.e. passport fees, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, photographs, service fees, medical services, etc.). Winner and guest are responsible for all travel documents (such as a passport or visa) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel and stay together (i.e. the same flight, hotel room, and ground transportation).
Except where prohibited by applicable law, each Winner and travel companion will be required to sign a Liability and Publicity Release form and/or a Declaration of Compliance prior to traveling. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to release Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, Prize suppliers, and each of its respective parent companies and such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Miami-Dade County, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
13. Winners List: To view the Contest Winners, please visit the Celebrity Cruises Facebook Instagram accounts after the Contest has completed. The Winners list will be posted after Winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019Celebrity Cruises Inc. All Rights Reserved.
By participating in this promotion, you agree to the Official Rules.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By participating, you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this Contest.