Terms & Conditions
Celebrity Cruises Wonderverse℠ Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Celebrity Cruises Wonderverse Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Celebrity Cruises, Inc., Surreal Holdings, LLC., Merkle Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s, Administrator’s and Prize Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Celebrity Cruises, Inc., 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132. Administrator: Surreal Holdings, LLC, 92 Milton Avenue, Suite 300, Alpharetta, GA 30009. Prize Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on March 20, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 26, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period") and is comprised of seven (7) independent “Daily Entry Periods,” each beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET. Administrator’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit the Wonderverse website at celebritycruises.com/wonderverse (“Website”) and take the following actions to earn entries. You may take each of the following actions one (1) time each Daily Entry Period to earn an entry, to earn up to two (2) entries each Daily Entry Period.
· Register or login to your Wonderverse account ("Account").
o Login: Each day during the Promotion Period, except for the day you register, login to your Account and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Daily Entry Period drawing associated with the date and time you logged in. Limit: One (1) entry per Daily Entry Period, excluding the Daily Entry Period in which you registered for your Account.
· Locate the daily hidden object (“Daily Easter Egg”): Each Daily Entry Period a Daily Easter Egg will be hidden on the Website. Explore the ship on the Website to locate the Daily Easter Egg. There will be a clue posted in a pop-up box that appears when you navigate to the ship’s deck on the Website each Daily Entry Period containing a hint to the Daily Easter Egg’s location. The Daily Easter Egg will also emit a glow from its hiding place. Locate the Daily Easter Egg and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Daily Entry Period drawing associated with the date and time you located the Daily Easter Egg. Limit: one (1) entry per Daily Entry Period.
Limit: Each entrant may receive up to two (2) entries per day into each Daily Entry Period drawing. Non-winning entries do not roll-over into subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than two (2) entries per Daily Entry Period by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods is prohibited and may void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. ALL ACTIONS TAKEN TO EARN AN ENTRY ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ADMINISTRATOR WILL ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF EARNING AN ENTRY IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ACTION TO EARN AN ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Grand Prize Drawing: Prize Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Prize Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during each Daily Entry Period on or around March 28, 2023.The potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be completed to Prize Administrator’s satisfaction, and received by Prize Administrator within four (4) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident, they will be required to answer a time-limited skill-testing question, without assistance, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. A Canadian winner also will be required to complete an IRS Form W-8BEN in order to accept the prize. There exists an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By accepting the prize, winner and winner’s guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason or forfeits the prize, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Grand Prizes: SEVEN (7) GRAND PRIZES (One (1) per each Daily Entry Period): Each winner will receive a certificate (“Certificate”) redeemable for a 7-night Celebrity cruise for the winner and one (1) guest to anywhere Celebrity travels (excluding sailings to the Galapagos Islands) in a Veranda stateroom (single room, double occupancy), subject to availability and blackout dates, as well as additional terms and conditions listed on certificate. The Certificate must be redeemed at least 30 days before selected travel dates and travel must occur no later than 3/26/24. Each winner and travel companion are responsible for complying with any COVID-19 requirements set forth by Sponsor (See https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements) at the time of the prize redemption, as well as airlines or other vendors offering services in connection therewith. Prize also includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major airport near winner’s home in the U.S. (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to the applicable port location. Prize does not include ground transportation. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $8,000.
Prize Taxation: If a winner is a resident of the United States, they will receive an IRS Form 1099 and will be responsible for all taxes associated with acceptance of the prize. If a winner is a resident of Canada, Sponsor will gross up the prize value in an amount to satisfy the 30% withholding requirement. The withholding amount will be submitted to the U.S. taxing authority the Internal Revenue Service as required by law and each winner will receive a U.S. tax form 1042 from Prize Administrator reflecting the total value of the prize, including the gross up amount, and the withholding amount submitted to the IRS will be noted separately.
For All Prizes: Trip must be booked at least 30 days prior to departure. All travel must be round trip and is subject to availability and blackout dates. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to a winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel is subject to the Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated above, including but not limited to, onboard purchases, shore excursions, travel insurance, ground transportation, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winners. Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the winner. Unless child or legal ward of a winner, travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. A winner traveling with their child or legal ward who has a different surname from winner will need to provide evidence of relationship. Married couples who do not meet these age restrictions may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be permitted to sail. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winners and travel companions must sign Sponsor’s passenger ticket contract prior to being allowed to board the cruise Winners and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. If a winner elects to travel or partake in the prize without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to such winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The actual value of the prize may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. Winners will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of a prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of the prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the winner aside from providing the remaining portion of the prize, minus any unavailable event, element or detail. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Daily Entry Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prize is not redeemable for cash and is void if sold for cash or other consideration. Prize has no value except when redeemed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any corporate program, promotion, coupon, discount or special offer. Total ARV of all prizes: $56,000.
8. Release: So far as permitted by applicable law, by receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry into the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited by applicable law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, click HERE. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
15. Promotion Emails: By participating in the Promotion, you agree to receive emails related to the Promotion.
16. Unsubscribe: To opt out of future marketing messages from Sponsor, click here.
© 2023 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.