FROM THE BRIDGE
Just for you—your exclusive Captain’s Club Newsletter is here
As we adapt to the new world around us, we continue to look for innovative ways for a safe and healthy return to sailing. We continue to expand on digital innovations previously designed to reduce lines, crowds, and unnecessary paper. Recently, we introduced a reimagined safety drill developed by Royal Caribbean Group over a year ago, known as Muster 2.0. At the core of this initiative is our guest-empowering mobile app, first introduced in 2017 and now available on many of our ships. The app’s capabilities integrate today’s new crucial health and safety practices, such as physical distancing and minimizing common touchpoints. Some of the functions include:
One of the least-loved, but most important parts of a cruise vacation—the safety drill—has been transformed from a process designed for large groups of people into a faster, more personal approach that you can complete with your own travel group on your own time.
Scheduled arrival time
Staggered arrival times help eliminate crowds by managing the ebb-and-flow of guests in parking lots, drop-off areas, and terminals to allow for physical distancing from car to stateroom.
By completing check-in with the app, scanning passport information, and uploading a selfie security photo, you can generate a mobile boarding pass and qualify for an expedited boarding process. Introduced in 2018, this minimizes check-in and security lines at ports, allowing you to board seamlessly and safely in minutes.
Unlock staterooms with your smartphone by downloading a digital key, available in just a few taps for select ships and staterooms.
Using your smartphone, you can control elements inside your stateroom, such as the TV, lighting, window shades, and temperature, limiting touchpoints.
View your onboard charges and credits in real time from anywhere on the ship without waiting in line.
View and reserve onboard activities, entertainment shows, dining, and shore excursions with the touch of your finger.
Dreaming of a vacation to a place untouched by time? Us too, now more than ever. That’s why we’re hosting an exclusive Captain’s Club virtual information session about the Galapagos Islands. This one-hour webinar includes a special introduction by Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises; a presentation by Susana Romero, Director of Galapagos sales; and will be moderated by our very own Andrea Shey, Director of Loyalty. Learn more about this unique corner of the world and our award-winning, all-inclusive Galapagos adventures. As a bonus, you’ll earn 50 Power Up Points, worth 5 Club Points, just for attending. This is a special event you won’t want to miss. Join us on October 15 at 6 p.m. EST.
This event is first come, first served and space is limited.
Last month, we introduced more Celebrity ApexSM enhancements, like our brand-new Eden. This month let’s take a look at how we’ve taken The Club to a whole new level. During the day, The Club is the place where you can lounge in a modern seating area and take part in exciting activities, including game show like activities, virtual dance parties, archery, and DJ classes. And you can keep the party going late into the night as you dance to your heart’s content.
Now we’ve added even more fun to the mix with brand new programming. Step right up to The Club, grab a bag of gourmet popcorn, and immerse yourself in our unique Celebrity twist on the circus variety show, Caravan. Join our eclectic cast of characters, who will wow you with their extraordinary talents, in an intimate setting that makes you feel like you’re a part of the action.
And when the lights go down, new events will take your evening to new heights. How’s your Robot and Running Man? Start off by breaking it down at the totally hottest 80s club night ever, 80s flashback at The Club. If soul music is more of your jam, you’re in luck with Soul town at the Club, featuring Theater Ensemble with Vocals. Turn back time even further with 21st Century Big Band at The Club and let The Apex Orchestra take you on a musical journey celebrating some of the most popular music of all time, with a Big Band twist of course. Or tease your hair and don your favorite leather pants for Rock Night at The Club, a rock set featuring music from Impulse. When you’re ready to hang up your dancing shoes and belt out a tune of your own, every voice is welcome in The Club during Guest Pop Choir, whether you're the world's greatest shower singer or you simply want to try something new.
Dive into the divine flavors of our Seafood Ceviche from Blu. It’s simple, refreshing, and delicious.
There’s truly no better place to experience the awe-inspiring spirit of Alaska for yourself than in Denali National Park. Bears, wolves, moose, caribou, and Dall’s sheep all call it home, making it one of the best places in the country to view wildlife in their natural habitat.
We sure miss sailing with you. But your photos and letters keep us smiling. We particularly enjoyed your recent #CaptainsClubHappyHour posts, when many of you sported your evening chic attire while enjoying your favorite cocktails. You sure do clean up nicely—and here’s the pictures to prove it.
Earlier this month we sent out a trivia quiz about new European ports coming in 2021. There’s a lot going on for all of us, so if you weren’t able to participate, have some fun and see how you do. If you did, check the answers at the bottom of the page. Remember, no cheating.
1. What is prohibited on the peaceful island of Hydra, Greece?
· Cars, motorcycles, and bicycles
· Large concerts or gatherings over 250 people
· All of the above
2. Who are you most likely to see in Hydra?
· Celebrities, artists, and writers
· Marine biologists
· The Greek Royal Family
· Greek athletes training for the Olympics
3. Thessaloniki is Greece’s third biggest city.
4. Thessaloniki is considered Greece’s ________?
· Food Capital
· Cultural Capital
· Architectural Capital
· Design Capital
5. In what year was the Skinari Lighthouse in Zakynthos, Greece built?
6. What famous beach is located in Zakynthos?
· Ornos B
7. The temple of which Greek God is located in Taranto, Italy?
8. Vicolo dei Bacio in Taranto, Italy is also known as what?
· Kiss Alley
· Street by the Sea
· Romance Road
1. Cars, motorcycles, and bicycles; 2. Celebrities, artists, and writers; 3. False; 4. Cultural Capital; 5. 1897; 6. Navagio; 7. Poseidon; 8. Kiss Alley.
Terms & Conditions
* Galapagos webinar: Captain’s Club Members receiving this email are eligible to receive 50 Power Up Points when registering for and attending the Loyalty Exclusive Galapagos Presentation taking place on 10/15/20 at 6pm ET. Members must register for the event here by 10/14/20. Space is limited and will be available on a first come first served basis. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible member. To qualify, registration must include member’s first name, last name, email address, and correct loyalty ID. Once the registration is complete, the eligible member must attend the entire presentation on 10/15/20. Members who do not attend the entire presentation will not receive Power Up Points. Details used to enter the event on 10/15/20 must match those provided on the registration form in order to receive the Power Up Points. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and added to the verified member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. Book Now Bonus Offer: Visit celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/special-event-cruise-offer for full terms and conditions. Cruise must be booked 09/16/20 – 09/30/20. Savings amounts are per person and vary by stateroom category: $100 USD for inside and ocean view; $200 USD for veranda, Concierge Class, and AquaClass®; $500 USD for suites. Offer applies to all guests in the stateroom including guests 3rd/4th/5th and will be applied automatically. All guests, including guests 3rd/4th/5th in a qualifying inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class or AquaClass® stateroom are eligible to receive a free Classic Beverage Package when booking the “Sail” cruise only pricing. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Offers and prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2020 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuador.