Summary of Tours
Online Shore Excursions reservations for your sailing will be available up until 03-Jun-2021 11:59 PM EDT (Two days prior to your sailing). If you are within the cut-off time, please be sure to visit our Shore Excursions desk to make your reservations onboard.*
For most up-to-date information regarding capacity and pricing, please refer to your personal pre-cruise planner:Login Now
What if I wish to tour on my own?
Guests who choose to explore destinations independently of Shore Excursions offered by Celebrity Cruises will be responsible for their own transportation.
Please Note: Shore Excursions offered by Celebrity Cruises are led by experienced tour operators. When opting for individual transportation or tours, Celebrity Cruises® does not assume responsibility for any accidents or injuries, for the actions of local drivers, and does not supervise drivers to ensure safety or prompt return to the pier. All transportation and tours are provided and operated by independent contractors. Please remember that given the limited number of transportation facilities in some ports, relief cars may not be obtainable in case of breakdowns along the road, which can cause delays in returning to the pier.
Where should I go to meet my tour group?
Most tours will meet in a lounge on board the ship prior to departing. Shore Excursions ticket(s) will contain information regarding exact location(s) and departure time(s). For guest convenience, staff will be on hand to assist with questions regarding departure points and will guide guests to the designated meeting location(s).
How are tour times determined and how much time should be allocated for each?
Tour times are established according to information received from the local tour operators, but are subject to change should the vessel’s arrival time at the port be delayed or should circumstances arise whereby the itinerary for a particular Shore Excursion must, necessarily, be altered. Guests should be mindful of the fact that at ports where the ship lies at anchor, afternoon tours commence from the dockside, not the ship. Guests should, therefore, allow at least 30 minutes for the tender ride to shore.
Please Note: When booking more than one tour in a day, guests should allow at least 60 minutes between the return of the first tour and the departure of the second tour.
How will I know what my tour departure time is?
Guests can refer to their Shore Excursion ticket(s) for departure information, as no announcements will be made on board the ship. Tour departure times may vary from those listed on the order form, especially in ports where the ship must tender guests ashore.
How much time should I allow to return to the ship?
All guests are required to be back aboard their ship no later than 30 minutes prior to the ship’s scheduled departure time, which is listed in the Daily Program and posted at the gangway. The scheduling of all Shore Excursions conforms to this requirement. However, if a guest leaves a tour en route, it will be the guest’s sole responsibility to secure transportation to return to the pier on time.
What happens if a tour is delayed?
If for any reason a Shore Excursion offered by Celebrity Cruises is delayed, the ship will be notified and await the tour’s return.
Please Note: We are not responsible for any delays or cancellations regarding tours that are not booked through Celebrity Cruises. In the event a tour that is not booked through Celebrity Cruises is delayed, it will be the guest’s sole responsibility for making any necessary arrangements to return to port or their ship.
Is it possible to miss the ship?
Any number of unforeseen circumstances may contribute to a tour’s delay and cause a guest to miss the ship. However, Celebrity Cruises guarantees return to ship for all guests on Shore Excursions booked through Celebrity Cruises, at no expense to the guest.
What type of transportation is used for Shore Excursions?
Transportation to and from Shore Excursions may vary considerably.
Please Note: Air-conditioned vehicles are not always available, nor do all tour buses have restroom facilities on board. Some countries have local restrictions and/or zoning laws that prohibit the use of the onboard facilities and prohibit the idling of engines while parked at the various venues. The air-conditioning systems may not be to North American standards. Cars, taxis, or mini-buses may be used in some ports where coaches are not available or are limited.
Why book Shore Excursions offered by Celebrity Cruises?
Over 3,000 tours for every kind of explorer, meticulously curated packages, and fully customizable Private Journeys.
A Destination Concierge and dedicated shore excursion staff aboard every ship and reputable, experienced local experts in every port.
Priority ship departure, worry-free travel to and from your ship, and no hidden fees.
How can I purchase tours?
Shore Excursions can be purchased in advance online up to two (2) days prior to sail date by visiting www.celebrity.com. To pre-book an excursion, guests will need to provide their cruise reservation number (obtained from guest’s travel agent or reservation agent), ship name, and sail date. Immediately following tour purchase, guests will be provided with a recap of their selected tours, along with a final e-mail confirmation once the purchase is approved. Tour tickets will be delivered to the guest’s cabin on the evening of embarkation. Guests who purchased Shore Excursions online and who do not receive their tour tickets on the evening of embarkation should inquire with the Shore Excursions Desk on board as soon as possible.
Once onboard, tours may be purchased through the interactive TV system in the guest’s stateroom (if available), by using the Shore Excursions booking form, or directly at the Shore Excursion Office during the hours advertised in the ship’s daily program. The total cost of tours purchased on board will be charged to the guest’s onboard account.
When should I reserve my Shore Excursions? It is recommended that guests reserve Shore Excursions pre-cruise as soon as the cruise booking is made, as many tours can only accommodate a limited number of participants and are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
What are your Shore Excursion Terms and Conditions?
The following are important guidelines, restrictions, and terms that guests should be aware of regarding Shore Excursions.
RESTRICTIONS: For safety reasons, age, weight, and/or height restrictions may apply for certain Shore Excursions. These restrictions are imposed by the individual tour operators, and Celebrity Cruises must comply accordingly.
Please Note: Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on all tours.
TOUR AVAILABILITY: Tour prices and itineraries are in effect at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice. Not all tours are available on every ship.
ACCESSIBLE SHORE EXCURSIONS: Accessible Shore Excursions are offered at many ports of call. All accessible tour inquiries and requests should be sent to email@example.com no later than 21 days prior to sail date.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS: Shore Excursions can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours prior to scheduled tour departure for a full refund. Under no circumstances will refunds be made after an excursion has commenced. Tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, Celebrity ExclusivesSM, and Private JourneysSM must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties.
WEATHER: Most tours will operate rain or shine. However, full refunds will be made to guests holding tickets for cancelled Shore Excursions. If a tour is cancelled, every effort will be made to accommodate guests on other available tours.
PRICING: Shore Excursions are quoted per person and generally include available local transportation, ranging from coaches, taxis, limousines, and boats. Meals and local taxes are included where specified.
CHILDREN'S PRICING: Children's tickets are available for many tours. Pricing will vary according to age. Please refer to pricing scale below:
Ages 0-3 – Free
Ages 4-12 – Child Pricing
Ages 13 and over – Adult Pricing
ACTIVITY LEVEL: To assist guests in choosing their Shore Excursions, all tours have been graded accordingly to level of activity: mild, moderate, or strenuous. Activity level appears under each tour’s description. These are guidelines; guests should use their own best judgement when deciding to participate in Shore Excursions. Guests selecting tours with moderate or strenuous activity levels should be in excellent health and should assess the tour’s fitness requirements before deciding whether or not to participate. Any guest with limitations, medical conditions, who are pregnant, who have undergone recent surgery, or are taking prescription medication should check with the Shore Excursions Desk before booking tours. If a guest would like clarification about the activity level of a Shore Excursion, they can contact the Shore Excursion Desk or call 1-800-Celebrity.
SHORE EXCURSIONS DESK: Desk hours will be announced on board in the ship's Daily Program. Normally, the Shore Excursions Desk will be closed while the vessel is in port, unless otherwise noted.
JOINING EXCURSIONS: Shore Excursion tickets must be provided when joining a tour and boarding the transportation vehicle.
SEATS: Seats on tour transportation vehicles are not reserved in advance in order to ensure rapid departure.
MODIFICATIONS/WITHDRAWAL OF TOURS: Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to withdraw any tour.
MEALS/SNACKS/REFRESHMENTS: Some tours offer complimentary meals, snacks, and/or refreshments, which will appear under the tour’s description.
ENTRANCE FEES: Entrance fees to all museums and sites are included in the price of the respective tours unless otherwise noted. Occasionally, a small surcharge is levied if photographs are taken.
PERSONAL POSSESSIONS: Personal articles, such as coats, cameras, handbags, etc., are the guest's responsibility and should not be left unattended at any time.
RESPONSIBILITY: Shore Excursions are operated by reputable tour operators. Shore Excursions are offered for sale by Celebrity Cruises as a convenience to our guests. Celebrity Cruises Inc. shall not be responsible in any way for any damage, loss, injury or death arising out of any services provided by such independent contractors. All tickets, coupons, and vouchers issued by Celebrity Cruises for Shore Excursion arrangements made on behalf of guests are expressly subject to the terms and conditions of the person or company providing such transportation facilities ashore.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Guest accepts that Celebrity Cruises Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Celebrity”) acts as tour operator only for passengers and has no responsibility for the performance of the Shore Excursions herein specified.
2. Celebrity undertakes to use its best endeavor to ensure that an Excursion is performed as advertised. However, the Passenger accepts that in certain circumstances and for reasons beyond the control of Celebrity of whatsoever kind or nature it may be impractical, unwise, or impossible for the Excursion to be performed. The decision to abandon or withdraw any Excursion is to be taken at the sole discretion of Celebrity but always taking into account the safety and convenience of the passenger.
3. Excursions are subject to cancellation or modification, depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of a tour cancellation or modification, advance notice will be given by shipboard personnel. Certain tours have a minimum booking requirement, or must be limited to a maximum number of participants.
4. The itineraries are expected by Celebrity to be as advertised, but Celebrity reserves the right to change such itineraries or to omit any place or places or to alter the advertised sequence of the excursion in accordance with the conditions and circumstances prevailing at the time of the excursion with or without previous notice. Any such change, omission, or alteration made by Celebrity shall be made at their sole discretion but always bearing in mind the safety, convenience and/or best interests of the passenger.
5. Passengers are advised to leave their baggage and all items of value on board the vessel. Celebrity accepts no responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, any such baggage, or item of value occurring during or relative to the Excursion(s) specified on the face hereof.
6. Celebrity is committed to local operators in respect of reservations made. Celebrity hereof must therefore receive notice of any cancellation before the closing date and hour of the Excursion(s) published, failing which a refund can only be made in the event of the ticket being resold. In the event, however, of the Excursion(s) having to be canceled in accordance with Clause 2 hereof or for any other reason, Celebrity will refund in full the monies paid and upon tendering such refund to passengers, Celebrity shall be free of all liability in respect thereof.
7. The excursions, transfers and excursion packages are operated by independent contractors and Celebrity Cruises Inc. shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or death arising out of any services provided by such independent contractors. Celebrity Cruises Inc. responsibility does not extend beyond the vessel and all arrangements made for or by the passenger for shore side excursions, transportation or activities are at the passenger’s risk.