We’ve extended our Cruise with Confidence program to allow you even more time to adjust your travel plans, should you need to. Now, you can change any sailing departing up to September 1, 2020, up to 48 hours before your departure date and receive a Future Cruise Credit for the amounts paid toward your cruise fare.
In our efforts to ease guests concerns regarding booking sailings with the ever-evolving challenge presented by coronavirus (Covid-19), we’ve responded by addressing the concerns regarding our cancelation policy. That’s why we introduced the Cruise with Confidence policy. We hope this policy gives you the confidence to book the vacation you’ve been thinking of so often during this challenging time in history.
We understand the uncertainty that the current environment has created for travelers; therefore, we’ve made these adjustments to our cancelation policy to give you more flexibility in planning your vacation with us. At the core of this new policy is the recognition that guests want to know we care about their concerns and are responsive to their need for peace of mind.
Essentially, Cruise with Confidence means that guests who cancel their cruise for sailings departing up to September 1, 2020, can do so for ANY reason up to 48 hours before sailing and get a 100% Future Cruise Credit, for the amounts paid toward their cruise fare, good until December 31, 2021.
Guests can simply call to cancel, and they’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit for the amounts paid toward your cruise fare within 30 days of cancelation that they can use toward another sailing in the future.
Cruises through September 1, 2020 are automatically included in the program.
Yes. All Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on-or-before December 31, 2021.
Guests with qualifying sailings need to call us no later than 48 hours prior to their departure date to be receive their Future Cruise Credit in the amounts paid toward their cruise fare.
Just like any Future Cruise Credit (FCC), you will be responsible for paying the difference between the new cruise fare and the amount of the FCC, if any. If you apply the FCC on a cruise that’s less expensive, a new FCC will be issued for the balance, opening yet another great opportunity to cruise with us again.
If you wish to cancel prior to final payment and are not interested in participating in our Cruise with Confidence policy, our standard cancelation policy applies. You’ll receive a full refund of the amount paid to date prior to final payment, and the nonrefundable deposits will be returned in the form of an FCC. After final payment, the standard cancellation penalties apply.
Your FCC will be reflective of the cruise fare amount paid, less taxes and fees.
Yes, there are no restrictions to any rate codes.
Non-Refundable Deposit bookings for sailings on-or-before September 1, 2020, are eligible for this temporary policy change and follow the same guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, guests with Non Refundable Deposit bookings who wish to change to an alternate ship or sailing can do so with no fee assessed—the change fee will be waived.
The original Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the prior FCC amount and expiration date. If expired or due-to-expire before October 31st, 2020, you will be granted an extension through October 31st, 2020 to redeem. Your will also receive a new Future Cruise Credit based on the remaining amount paid and following the Cruise with Confidence policy terms.
The Cruise with Confidence policy applies to all guests wishing to cancel up until 48-hours prior to their vacation start date. Please reference the chart below for further clarity.
|Sailing Departure Date:||Last Date to Cancel:|
Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits can only be applied to the brand from which it was issued. That means a guest would not be able to apply a Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit from a Celebrity Cruises sailing on a new Royal Caribbean sailing.
Yes. Cruise with Confidence works with both individual and group bookings. However, it does not apply to chartered sailings.
If you booked a refundable ticket through Flights by Celebrity, you’ll receive a full refund, and the $200 penalty will be waived. If you booked a non-refundable ticket through Flights by Celebrity, or you booked directly with an airline, you’ll need to contact that airline directly to inquire about a refund.
Guest will be fully refunded for the amount paid.
Yes, cruise only transfers will be fully refundable.
Yes, full payment is still required at 75 days-to-sailing for departures 1-4 nights in length and 90 days-to-sailing for 5+ nights.
All pre-cruise purchases will be refunded to the original form of payment.
At time of cancellation, all promotional offers, amenities, and value adds are removed and will not carry-over to future reservations. Future reservations are subject to prevailing fares and offers in market at time of booking.
No. When you rebook using your Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of any current promotions and prevailing fares currently available when you make the new booking.
All terminal and ship access points are being thoroughly sanitized before and after all sailings. In addition, high traffic areas onboard, including restrooms and public areas, are undergoing extensive cleaning each evening, over and above the normal procedures. There will be daily announcements are being made to remind guests to wash their hands often, use recommended coughing etiquette, and immediately report any illness symptoms.
Likewise, additional medical staff has been added and are providing
complimentary medical consultations during every sailing. Further, there will be temperature checks administered to all guests prior to boarding. You can check our Travel Alert page for the most up to date protocols and travel restrictions.
Terms & Conditions
The "Cruise with Confidence" policy is applicable to selected bookings on sailings departing before 31 July 2020 subject to the terms below.
Future Cruise Certificate (“FCC”) Terms:
1. All guests shall be entitled to cancel their cruise booking(s) in exchange for an FCC subject to the terms below. The FCC can be used on any available future Royal Caribbean International, CelebrityCruises and Azamara (“Cruise Lines”) sailing departing up to 31 December 2021. Notification of the guestcancellation or change of ship and/or sail date must be received by the Cruise Lines at least 2 days priorto the holiday start date. Holiday start date includes any pre-hotel & cruise-tour packages bookedthrough RCCL.
2. Guests who have made full payment on their booking and are within 57 days of their sailing willreceive an FCC equal to the applicable Cruise Fare on their cancelled booking. Guests who have madefull payment against a non-refundable Air Fare will not receive a refund or FCC for this amount and musttake up a claim directly with the relevant airline partner or their insurance company.
3. Guests who have purchased refundable air fares, hotels, transfers, cruise taxes & prepaid gratuitieswill receive a full refund of these payments within 14 days of the request to cancel being received by the“Cruise Line” via your travel agent or directly to the “Cruise Line” call centre.
4. Guests who have paid the minimum cruise deposit or part-payment above the minimum cruisedeposit on their booking will receive a refund of any payment over and above the non-refundableelements on the booking within 14 days of the request to cancel being received by the “Cruise Line” andwill receive an FCC equal to the cruise deposit amount paid.
5. Guests who have pre-purchased shore excursions, drinks packages or any other amenity prior todeparture will have this cancelled and the value refunded to the guest within 14 days of the request tocancel being received by the “Cruise Line” via your travel agent or directly to the “Cruise Line” callcentre.
6. Alternatively, should Guests choose not to benefit from the “Cruise with Confidence” policy, Guestscan cancel their booking subject to the “Cruise Lines” standard cancellation penalty terms andconditions.Ship & Sail Date Changes Terms:
7. In addition to the above, Guests with an existing booking(s) or Guests making a new booking(s) andwho are outside of final payment, 57 days from departure, under the terms of this policy shall beentitled, subject to availability, to make one free change of ship and/or departure date to a later sailingup to 31 December 2021 subject to such change being made no later than 31 July 2020. Guest will notlose their deposit or be charged an amendment fee for such a change except for payment of anydifference in price between the original booking and the revised price for the new sailing which shall becharged at the prevailing rate. If the prevailing rate is lower than the original booking and the guest haspaid in full, the difference in price will be refunded to the guest.
8. Guests participating in this policy will be able to book their new sailing with any promotional benefitsavailable at time of booking on their chosen new ship, sail date & category. Additional promotionalbenefits at the time of the original booking being created are not transferable to the new booking.
9. Existing bookings on sailings departing after 01 August 2020 that wish to change their booking to adifferent ship or sail date may be required to pay an administration charge (see “Cruise Lines” fullbooking conditions for details) and will lose any existing promotional benefits on their booking.
10. The “Cruise with Confidence” FCC is only redeemable against the Cruise Fare Element of the newbooking.
11. FCC’s acquired through the “Cruise with Confidence” policy are brand-specific and can only beredeemed on the Cruise Line brand where the cancellation occurred.
12. The “Cruise with Confidence” FCC is only redeemable through the same travel partner that originallymade the cancelled booking, or if this is not possible it can be redeemed through the “Cruise Line” callcentre.
13. The "Cruise with Confidence" policy is applicable to the cruise fare element of a booking only. Otherelements including but not limited to flights, hotels, tours or transfers may be subject to a separatedeposit, amendment fees and cancellation fees.
14. The “Cruise with Confidence” policy is offered independently of any form of compensation offeredto the voluntary 30-day suspension of sailings. Guests who opted for the “Cruise with Confidence” policyprior to the 30-day suspension of sailings cannot avail of any subsequently offered compensation.
15. Marketing & Affinity Group bookings are eligible to benefit from this policy. Contracted groupeligibility may vary. Charter sailings are not applicable.
16. This policy is applicable on any consumer promotion available at time of Redemption of the FCCexcept any form of Non-Revenue price promotion for example but not limited to: Seminars at Sea andprize winner staterooms. Free Air or reduced Air on an existing booking may not be transferrable oravailable on a new booking.
17. The policy only applies to bookings made in GBP and Euro currency via UK and Irish travel agents orthe Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara (“Cruise Lines”) call centre orwebsites.
18. For general booking conditions including advice on ATOL/ABTA protection, promotional terms andconditions, combinability restrictions, cancellation charges & other information, please refer to theRoyal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara (“Cruise Lines”) brochure, website orcontact your travel agent.
19. RCL Cruises Ltd reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this policy, or any part of it, ifany fraud, technical failures, a change in applicable law or any other factor beyond RCL Cruises Ltd.’sreasonable control impairs the integrity or alters the proper functioning of or ability to implement thispolicy, as determined by RCL Cruises Ltd in its sole discretion. 20. RCL Cruises Ltd (company number 07366612) incorporated in England and Wales with registeredoffice address at Building 3, The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0NY.