Already booked? Sign in or create an account
We are currently experiencing a high volume of customer service calls - for more information please visit here
Refund* and Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
The terms of this Policy apply to all Celebrity Cruises (“Celebrity”) cruise holidays booked and scheduled to depart during a period of temporary government order, international travel restriction, or other official regulatory measures in relation to COVID-19 that affect your booking (“Restricted Period”).
Except as specified below, the standard cancellation policies and penalties in your Booking Terms and Conditions and any current COVID-19 Supplemental Terms or other published Celebrity policies will apply to your cruise holiday.
This Policy is effective from the Version Date at the bottom of this document (“Effective Date”) and applies to all bookings of Celebrity cruises outside the U.S. and scheduled to sail between the Effective Date and 30 November 2022, inclusive.
We strongly encourage you to purchase adequate travel insurance for your particular needs, and with sufficient cover for any additional costs not payable by Celebrity, in accordance with our standard Booking Terms and Conditions.
Cruise Cancelled by Celebrity Cruises
If Celebrity cancels your cruise, or boarding is delayed by three (3) days or more during a Restricted Period and you elect not to embark on the delayed cruise or a substitute cruise that we offer, you will be entitled to a full refund of your cruise fare plus any additional items purchased from Celebrity, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”) for the equivalent amount you paid to Celebrity.
Cruise Cancelled by Guest*
Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation
· If you or members of your Travelling Party, or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding or quarantined or disembarked during the cruise due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a refund of your cruise fare plus any additional items purchased from Celebrity, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”) for the equivalent amount you paid to Celebrity. In all other cases, you will be entitled a pro-rated refund or pro-rated FCC for the unused portion of your cruise fare plus any additional items purchased from Celebrity.
Celebrity will also provide the same assistance to identified Close Contacts on these sailings if they are required to quarantine onboard or are disembarked or denied re-boarding due to having been in close contact to a guest who tests positive for COVID-19.
· Celebrity will cover the cost of necessary COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard the ship;
· you and members of your Traveling Party may stay onboard the ship to complete any required quarantine period, without needing to pay additional cruise fare, stateroom gratuities or taxes/fees to Celebrity for the same; and
· If you purchased flights through Celebrity, Celebrity will coordinate the travel arrangements, and cover the airline change fees and any difference in the airfare for the same class of service, necessary to fly you back to the city of your original flight departure point. If you did not purchase flights through Celebrity, Celebrity will assist with coordinating travel arrangements to get you and members of your Traveling Party back home, but will not be responsible for any associated costs.
· If a guest who purchased flights through Celebrity is denied boarding at embarkation due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, Celebrity will coordinate the travel arrangements, and cover the airline change fees and any difference in the airfare for the same class of service, necessary to fly the guest back to the city of their original flight departure point. If such a guest did not purchase flights through Celebrity, Celebrity will assist with coordinating travel arrangements necessary to get the guest back home but will not be responsible for any associated costs.
Obligation to Comply with Celebrity COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Guests denied embarkation or reboarding, or who are disembarked or quarantined during the voyage, for failure to comply with the Celebrity COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise, shall not be entitled to a refund or FCC, compensation of any kind, or any of the assistance described in this Policy. Please refer to the Ticket Contract or Booking Conditions issued for your cruise for complete details.
For purposes of this Policy, your “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise.
“Close Contact” means a person who has been in close proximity with another person who tests positive for COVID-19 within 2 days after such contact, or (if the other person did not have any symptoms at the date of contact) within 2 days of the confirmation date of a COVID-19 positive test by the other person and/or up to 10 days after such confirmation date (being the period when they can still pass the infection on to others). For more detailed information about Close Contact, please consult your national government and Public Health Authority COVID-19 websites.
This COVID-19 Cancellation and Refund Policy does not apply to guests booked on chartered sailings.
This Celebrity COVID-19 Cancellation and Refund Policy is valid from the Effective Date below, is subject to change, and will remain in full force and effect until further notice.
If there is an inconsistency or conflict between any of the terms of this COVID-19 Cancellation and Refund Policy and the applicable Celebrity Ticket Contract or Booking Terms and Conditions and/or any current Supplemental Terms or other notified policies applicable to your cruise, the provisions of this COVID-19 Cancellation and Refund Policy will prevail.
The terms of this Policy are valid from the Effective Date below and will remain in full force until we choose, in our sole discretion, to update or modify all or part of it. Updates or the modifications may be made and shall be effective without publication, although we will endeavor to post any updates or changes in a timely manner to a publicly accessible forum such as the Celebrity Cruises website or mobile phone application.
*By default, you will be issued a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the amount specified, unless and until you request a refund in lieu of an FCC. All refund requests must be made within six (6) months of the date your booking is cancelled or the scheduled embarkation date, whichever is earlier, or you will only be entitled to an FCC for the amount specified.
***Currently, reimbursement of the costs of a hotel stay required for land-based quarantine is limited to US$250 per hotel room, per night, and meal costs of up to US$100 per person, per day.
Effective Date: 13 May 2022