If your sailing requires a pre-cruise test, here are some details about the kind of test you’ll need.
Accepted Types of Tests and Results
- There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one:
- A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
- An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test (RAT)
- For sailings from a U.S. port that visit Canada or Bermuda; from Iceland and from the Galapagos, the test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
- You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
- For sailings from U.S. Ports that do NOT visit Canada or Bermuda and for some Europe sailings, any commercially available test, including self-tests, are accepted. In Europe, the exception to this is any sailing visiting Greece, which requires a supervised antigen test.
- For sailings in Australia/New Zealand, PCR tests must be taken in a laboratory; Antigen/RAT tests may be self-tests and do not have to be monitored.
Tests We Do Not Accept
- Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
Where and When to Get Your Test
Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and self-test kits for purchase. Most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.
Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:
- For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, the day you set sail is not included as one of the days unless the country of embarkation stipulates a test to be taken within 24 hours of arrival. For example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday and you are required to take your test 3 days in advance, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before your sailing and for 2 days in advance you can take the test Thursday or Friday.
- Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel, where needed.
Concierge Testing Service (For U.S. Guests Only)
Bioreference - Scarlet Concierge Service: In partnership with Bio-reference a concierge testing option is available for our fully vaccinated guests. Bio-reference will send a qualified medical technician to your home, office, hotel, or any place you choose, to perform the test. The cost is $85 per person. Your results will be ready in about 48 hours. Click here to make an appointment.
Please note, appointment times must be booked individually for each guest even when booking for a family. Multiple people booking from the same location will be tested together and will not have to wait for their specific selected appointment time. Concierge Testing Service is available in most major metropolitan areas within the United States. Please be sure and input the address of your desired testing location to check availability. In order to obtain testing results prior to embarking the ship we highly recommend guests schedule their appointment as soon as possible, for two days prior to embarkation, not including the actual day the ship sets sail. Therefore, if the guest is sailing on a Saturday, they should schedule their test for Thursday.
Scarlet Concierge Customer Support and Questions can be answered at (833) 455-0245.
In order to obtain testing results prior to embarking the ship we highly recommend guests schedule their appointment as soon as possible, for two days prior to embarkation, not including the actual day the ship sets sail. Therefore, if the guest is sailing on a Saturday, they should schedule their test for Thursday.
Scarlet Concierge Customer Support and Questions can be answered at (833) 455-0245
Order An Approved Home-Test Kit*
These test kits are monitored and include a Certified Guide who walks you through the testing process. For the best shipping experience, we recommend placing your order at least a full week to 10 days before the day you plan to take your test. Your validated test results will typically be delivered within 15 minutes.
U.S. RESIDENTS ORDER HERE – ABBOTT BINAXNOW™
*The cost for COVID-19 test kits may be covered by your health insurance plan. Please check with your insurance provider for coverage benefits.
For Additional Details on Telehealth Testing and the test kits click here