Experience Awe and Wonder on a Celebrity Cruise to Alaska
Traveling off the beaten path is often considered a harrowing experience. But that couldn’t be further from the truth when you board a Celebrity Cruise destined for Alaska. Known for its confluence of diverse wildlife and breathtaking landscapes, Alaska is a snapshot of nature’s majesty. An Alaskan cruise vacation places you at the forefront of a paradise like no other.
Your trip to Alaska begins as a journey along the southeastern Alaska coastline. Noted for its lush, serene scenery and wildlife, the majority of Southeast Alaska is part of the Tongass National Forest. One of the world’s most beautiful natural habitats, the area is the site of the United States’ largest national forest. As you venture further, you’ll catch breathtaking sights of tundra, forests and skyscraping mountains.
Staffed with on-board naturalists, our knowledgeable staff will field any and all of your curiosities. From Alaska’s endemic biodiversity, to its glacial marvels, you’ll receive an exhaustive introduction to the region.
Juneau, Alaska’s capital, will be among your stops. Juneau is famous for its icefields and the towering Mendenhall Glacier. Tucked away between the Coast Mountains and Gastineau Channel, Juneau is an ideal locale for adventurous travelers with an affinity for hiking.
The Uniquely Crafted Excursions
Alaska Cruisetours aren’t one size fits all. They’re what size fits you? Which is why we offer a variety of adventures for you to choose from. An excursion should fit your activity level, adventurousness, and personality. And we believe no Alaskan cruise is complete without one.
- Helicopter Dog Sled Tour: Few experiences are more closely associated with Alaska than dog sledding. It’s a thrill like no other, and with an experienced guide handing you the reins, you’ll swish, swoosh, and mush up and down across mountains and snow-covered glaciers.
- Denali Flyer: There’s plenty to see at Denali. As the site of the highest peak in North America, you’ll feel like you’re literally on top of the world on the flight seeing which takes you within six miles of the Khalitna Glacier.
- Talkneeta River Float: Floating down a calm river is among the best ways to intimately experience the Alaskan ecosystem. With your guide leading the way, you’ll row across freshwater streams, catch glimpses of salmon, and admire the view of the Denali mountain.
- Husky Homestead: Before huskies become champion sled dogs, they’re lovable puppies. And you’ll get the chance to cuddle and nestle up close with a pen of puppies on a tour of four-time Iditarod champion Jeff King’s homestead kennel.
- Alaska Brewing and Cooking Demonstration: Traipsing through national parks and scaling mountains works up an appetite and a thirst. What better way to sate yourself than sampling the local cuisine. Located in Juneau near the Mendenhall Glacier, Alaska Brewing offers some of the world’s most celebrated brews. Down a cold one and head over to the glacier. When you return, you’ll learn to prepare replenishing authentic Alaskan cuisine.
The Cosmopolitan Experience
While Alaska is one of the most sparsely populated states in the United States, Anchorage is a bastion of culture and youthful exuberance. And your cruise to Alaska can leave you in the thick of the action.
Nicknamed “Alaska’s Big Apple,” Anchorage is one of the world’s most unique cities. Which comes with the territory because Alaska is one of the world’s most unique regions. Anchorage—and its residents—is known just as much for its diverse outdoor experiences and metropolitan lifestyle.
The city is the gateway to adjacent mountains, wilderness and wildlife such as. By day, you’ll hike through natural landscapes and encounter curious creatures in their natural habitats like moose roaming through the forests or whales greeting you from the waters along the trails. With 250 miles of trails, Anchorage offers near limitless options for hikers, local weekend warriors, and ambitious travelers.
Or if you’d like to get a bit further away, you can make a road trip of it. Anchorage is located within an hour’s drive of roughly 60 glaciers. Where else in the world can you wake up in a condominium and gaze at a glacier before it’s time for lunch? And as the day winds down, you have the option of visiting one of Anchorage’s plethora of local pubs, five-star restaurants, or buzzing nightclubs.
The Lodging and Cross-Country Travel
As you journey through Alaska, a cruise ship isn’t the only way you’ll get around. Nor will it be the only place you lay your head for a respite. No, when you book a cruise vacation with us, you book an experience.
And that experience includes posh lodging choices and exciting, scenic travel options. The lodging options available to you include luxurious resorts, boutiques, and even an assortment of local properties. Each of these locations amenities such as heated pools and fireplaces in charming communities. Naturally, your stay will offer stunning views of sprawling fields and majestic landscapes.
And the same applies as you move between the locations on your itinerary. Traveling via spacious express rail cars is a preferred method of transportation for many of our Alaskan cruise travelers. With their 360-degree dome windows, there’s no obscuring the wanton beauty of the terrain you’re skirting through.
Celebrity also employs motor coaches that are modern spins on the classic trains daring early pioneers rode generations ago. And you’ll travel along the same paths those enterprising globetrotters embarked upon so long ago. The years may be different, but the sights and sounds are timeless.
A journey aboard a Celebrity Cruise ship is an experience typified by class and comfort. And it’s as inspiring as it is relaxing. These statements hold true for an Alaska cruise vacation. It’s modern luxury at its finest with Alaskan awe, wonder, and discovery as a backdrop.
And an Alaskan cruisetour with Celebrity Cruises quenches your thirst for awe, wonder and discovery. With packages ranging from seven-day to 13-days, you’re bound to find the combination of a cruisetour, excursion and metropolitan indulgences that fulfills your ideal vacation. Because with Celebrity Cruises, it’s what size fits you.