Share your Caribbean Story
Submit your Caribbean cruise story, and enter for a chance to be featured on our social channels and as a guest contributor to our blog!
Enter to win your spot as a featured guest writer for the Celebrity Cruises blog! Up to five lucky winners will receive a dedicated post on our social channels, a featured article on our blog and $1,000!
All aspiring and established writers are welcome. Maintaining your own blog is not a requirement for entrance into the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter our Caribbean Blogger Contest, follow these simple steps:
DEADLINE: ALL BLOG POST ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN JUNE 30, 2018.
Terms & Conditions
May 26, 2018 – June 30, 2018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. 1. Eligibility: Celebrity Cruises’ Caribbean Blogger Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to permanent, legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any services for purposes of entering the Contest. Employees of Celebrity Cruises Inc. and any of its respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Celebrity Cruises Inc., 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives a Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you can enter the Contest by submitting an email to email@example.com to include your full name (first, last); the name of your blog; and a URL link to your blog entry post (“Submission”) that relates to the theme of “Build Your Ideal Caribbean Cruise Itinerary.” Maintaining your own blog is not a requirement for entrance into the Contest, all aspiring and established bloggers are welcome. Blog posts must include a clear and conspicuous disclosure that you are posting about Celebrity Cruises as entry to a contest. Disclosures must be in compliance with the 2018 Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) guidelines on disclosure requirements and the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. You can also promote your entry into the contest by posting pictures on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and using the hashtags #CelebrityBlogContest and #ContestEntry, but this method of promotion does not serve as a valid means of entry into the Contest. Entry by email is the only means by which to participate in the Caribbean Blog Contest. By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and submitting your Blog Post, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Photo or Video, or your Blog Submission entirely, and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind with a prize value of greater than $300;
The Submission must not have been commissioned by another media organization; and
The Submission must not have been previously published as a result of paid publication.
The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement;
The Submission must not contain photos or videos that capture anyone other than the entrant unless each person referenced in your Submission (either by name or by including recognizable image of person) has signed Sponsors’ Appearance Release. Entrant is the sole person who can grant permission to use the Submission. If an entrant’s Submission contains photos or videos of any person other than the entrant himself/herself that hasn’t, the Submission will be disqualified;
The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks, except for Sponsor's trademark for which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purposes of creating and uploading a Submission into this Contest; The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant; The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Photo is created.
Blog post Submission must include a clear and conspicuous disclosure that you are posting about Celebrity Cruises as entry for a contest. Disclosures must be in compliance with FTC guidelines on disclosure requirements and the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.
Each component of any photo included in your Submission must be an accurate representation of the moment it purports to capture. Minor adjustments (e.g., cropping, sharpening and slight color corrections) may be made, but significant alterations, whether done digitally or mechanically, will result in disqualification.
For all Submissions: One entry per person. Multiple uploads/emails of the same Submission will not increase entrant’s chances of winning. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions (along with a name credit) in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes for one year from the date of entrant’s submission. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential Winners (defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
5. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the following process: Sponsor will select no more than five (5) winners from all eligible Submissions received during Caribbean Blog Contest Period based on the Judging Criteria defined below (the “Winners”). Relevance to the themes of: Caribbean ports-of-call, Celebrity Caribbean shore excursions, Caribbean culture, food, travel tips (30%); Creativity in dealing with the subject matter (40%); and Technical merit of the Submission (30%). The Submissions that receive the highest scores will be deemed the Potential Prize Winners.
In the event of a tie, the Finalists’ Submissions will be re-scored by the judges and Finalist who receives the highest calculated re-score will be deemed the Potential Prize Winner. The Potential Prize Winner will be notified on or around July 11, 2018.
6. Winner Requirements: Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The Potential Prize Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Prize. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit and any other requested forms, including Appearance Releases for individuals captures in the winning Submission, within the required time period (if applicable), or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Potential Winner forfeits the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected by Sponsor through an application of the Judging Criteria. In the event that a Potential Prize Winner (herein referred to as “Winner”) is disqualified for any reason, an alternate Winner will be determined by Sponsor through an application of the Judging Criteria, in the judges’ sole discretion. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission (including any writing, photo or video) and/or prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, Winners shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submissions and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submissions for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submissions and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submissions. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after end of the Contest.
7. Prizes: Each Winner will receive one dedicated social media post each to include mention of the winner’s name. Each Winner will receive One Thousand ($1,000) U.S. Dollars as part of the Prize. There will be no less than one (1) and no more than five (5) winners in total. (Total ARV = $5,000.) Winners will be given feature spotlight blog post on the Celebrity Cruises blog (www.celebritycruises.com/blog) wherein the winner may submit a blog post to be featured. Spotlight will also include a headshot of winner (blogger), and a short bio on winner.
Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
8. Release: By receipt of any Prize, the applicable Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, violation of an individual’s right of privacy or publicity, intellectual property or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Miami-Dade County, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
13. Winners List: To view the contest winners, please visit the Celebrity Cruises Facebook Website after the Contest has completed. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. © 2018 Celebrity Cruises Inc. All Rights Reserved. By participating in this promotion you agree to the Official Rules.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. By participating, you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this promotion.