Oven Roasted Jerk Chicken
This traditional Oven Roasted Jerk Chicken dish tempts the palate with its bold and flavorful combinations. Savor a tantalizing and robust taste of the Caribbean with family and friends when you bring this simple-but-zesty dish to your table.
Yield 1 portion
- 2 pc Chicken cut in half (Thigh and Breast)
- 0.25 oz. Dry Jerk Chicken Spice
- 1tbsp. Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- ¼ Yellow Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1oz. Ginger
- 1oz. Jalapeño
- 1oz. Thyme
- 1oz. Scallions
- 1tsp. Cajun Spice
1. In a large container combine jerk spice seasoning, onions, garlic, blended oil, soy sauce, thyme, ginger, jalapeño, Jerk spices and blend all with the immersion blender.
2. Rub chicken with spice marinade and place in large container to marinade for 12 hours.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken breast side up on a sheet pan
4. Heat the oven at 370 F and roast the chicken for 30 minutes, remove from oven & cool down, Debone the chicken and place it on the tray.
5. Use the juice from chicken to brush again and cook again until done.
6. Place on the hot pass for service.
Pineapple Black beans Rice Recipe
Yield 1 portion
- 1.5 oz. Jasmine Rice
- ¼ tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2oz. Pineapples small dices
- 0.5 oz. Red Bell Pepper small dices
- 0.5 oz. Green Bell Pepper small dices
- 1 pinch Thyme finely chopped
- 1 pinch Scallions finely chopped
- ¼ oz. Ginger finely chopped
- ¼ cups Coconut milk
- 1 oz. Dry Black Beans (soaked over 1night)
- 1 tsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ tbsp. Butter
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
1. In a large pot, heat the oil and sweat the ginger, garlic, peppers and thyme.
2. Add Tomato paste and cook for few minutes on high temperature. Stir well.
3. Add the soaked beans and the chicken stock and cook until beans are tender.
4. Add the Washed rice and simmer until rice is almost cook, add cayenne pepper, coconut milk and cook until rice is fully cook and absorb all liquid. Add the butter, scallions and Pineapple dices and mix well.
5. Transfer the rice to a hotel pan cover with plastic wrap and reserve for service.