Bay Scallops and Shrimp Ceviche
What do you get when you combine fresh shrimp and baby scallops with just the right amount of lime, cilantro, and avocado? A light, refreshing ceviche that is sure to transport your taste buds right back to sun-soaked days spent in the Caribbean.
Yield: 1 Portion
- 3 oz. Baby scallops (blanched)
- 3 oz. Cooked shrimp (blanched)
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- ½ Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch Chili flakes
- ¼ Tbsp. Finely chopped jalapeño
- ½ Tbsp. Chopped cilantro
- 3 oz. Finely chopped red bell peppers
- 3 oz. Finely chopped red onions
- Salt and pepper
1. Blanch scallops and shrimp for 20 seconds, drain and chill.
2. Mix all ingredients together and season as needed.
3. Marinate for 1 hour, keep very cold before serving.
1. Place Iceberg lettuce on the bottom, add the ceviche on top.
2. Garnish with lime slices, cilantro, fried plantains and avocado slices.