Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
Enjoy sunny Sorrento's Lido Beach with an ice cream that's been handcrafted by YOU! Leave the scenic Bay of Naples behind as you make your way towards the Sorrentine Peninsula. Next stop sunny Sorrento. This delightful town has a wonderfully warm climate and breathtaking views. Enjoy a walk through the main centre before you take a lift to the golden sands of Lido Beach. Here you're left to unwind for the next three hours swim, relax on a complimentary sunbed or savour the local cuisine.
OVERVIEW: This tour is designed to deliver the highlights of the Amalfi Coast on an intimate tour with a maximum of 16 guests per mini-bus.
HIGHLIGHTS: Explore Pompeii, one of the world's most amazing archaeological wonders. Stroll through the fabled town of Sorrento with views of Naples Bay. Enjoy free time to explore the quaint boutiques in the picturesque seaside town Positano. Lunch with wine is included. Time permitting; you'll stop at a cameo factory.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approx. 1.5 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground in Pompeii and steep hills in Positano.
- Overview: See the highlights of the idyllic resort isle of Capri and discover panoramic vistas, amazing gardens, remarkable natural beauty and world-class shopping.
- Highlights: Enjoy a 50-minute cruise through Naples Bay to the Island of Capri and to visit Villa San Michele, La Piazzetta, and Augustus Gardens.
- Notes: Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over rough stone and cobblestone streets with 10 - 15 steps and will be on their feet up to 90 minutes at a time. The funicular in Capri is not wheelchair accessible. Inclement weather and rough seas may cause seasickness on the boat to/from Capri so guests should take the necessary precautions.
- Overview: Enjoy a scenic drive along one of Italy's most beautiful stretches of coastline, the famous Amalfi Coast with stops at the lovely resort towns of Sorrento and Amalfi.
- Highlights: Enjoy the 1.5 hour scenic drive along the Amalfi coast to Sorrento, where you can stroll through one of the loveliest towns in Italy. Explore the classic resort town of Amalfi. Lunch is included before the beautiful 2.5 hour coastal return drive.
Notes: Guests must be able to walk approximately 50 yards over even surfaces with 5 - 10 steps. There are several steps to access the lunch venue and guests wishing to enter the Cathedral of St. Andrew on their own must ascend approximately 60 steep steps.
OVERVIEW: The charming atmosphere, great location and wonderful cuisine make Sorrento a popular destination. Combine it with the archaeological ruins of Pompeii for an unforgettable experience.
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit a typical Sorrento farmhouse to learn about the olive oil processing and making mozzarella and enjoy a taste of local specialties. Visit the town of Sorrento and stroll along its flower-filled streets. Explore Pompeii, one of the world's amazing archaeological wonders.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over cobblestone and even and uneven ground with steep inclines and approximately 20 - 25 steps.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.