Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
- Overview: Enjoy a kayak adventure to Laguna Grande, one of the only five year round bioluminescent lagoons in the world.
- Highlights: Touch the waters that glow with bioluminescence organisms traveling in double kayaks and watch the stroke of each paddle light up a florescent green and showcase fish that look like shooting stars.
- Notes: This tour is not suggested for guests with a fear of the dark or those who have back or shoulder problems, and is not available for guests that have had recent surgery or guests that are pregnant.
Don't miss this great opportunity to visit El Yunque National Rainforest, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. An approximate 45 minute drive will bring you to enjoy the panoramic view of the tropical woodland with a vast variety of flora and crystalline waterfalls that spread over hills and valleys. You'll stop briefly at one of its waterfalls, the Observation Tower and the Tourist Visitation Center. You will also have the opportunity to take a short stroll on a mostly paved trail for a closer contact with the surroundings. Choose to visit El Yunque and experience nature and its true beauty!
Don't miss this great opportunity to hike at El Yunque National Rainforest, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. A scenic drive of approximately an hour will bring you to where your hiking adventure begins. Your guide will lead you through the wilderness of the rainforest on an approximately two-hour hike (1 1/2 mile roundtrip). During this time you will enjoy the views of this tropical woodland, its vast variety of flora and if weather permits even get the chance for a quick dip into the base of one its most beautiful waterfalls. Come along and experience nature and its true beauty!
The jungle comes alive at night! Join this incredible one-of-a-kind tour through the rainforest at night, where bioluminescent bugs and plants are alight all around you. Only 30 minutes from the port of San Juan, you will find The Original Canopy Tour La Marquesa - the safest Canopy Tour experience in the world - developed by the pioneers of this type of activity. Equipped with your headlamp, you will be flying through the forest like an owl while our expert guides take care of you each step and flight of the way. The dual synthetic lines transport you quietly and reflectors are installed on the edges of the platforms and elevated walkways to aid you in your nocturnal expedition.
- Overview: Experience the sights, sounds and beauty that nature has to offer with a guided walk through the El Yunque national rainforest. El Yunque is 28,000 acres of lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forests, rivers, waterfalls, birds, insects, lizards, and beautiful flowers all waiting for you to explore.
- Highlights: Enjoy a guided nature walk through the only tropical rainforest in the US. You'll visit the waterfall La Mina where you'll have a chance to rest. Tour includes water, snacks and backpack.
- Notes: Walking is on a hiking trail made with concrete and natural materials, rocks, dirt, uneven surface, and two sets of stairs.
Your day will start with a bus ride to the El Yunque Rainforest, recently elected finalist of the world known competition Seven Natural wonders of the World , for its diversity. This is an adventure you do not want to miss! The "Wild & Scenic Rainforest to River Adventure" is an unforgettable adventure into the interior of the forest and down to the beautiful Las Damas natural pool in the Mameyes River system within the 28,000 acres Reserve where you will enjoy lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forest, rivers, birds, insects, lizards and beautiful flowers along with a rich culture and historical background make for a breath taking day via our guided nature walk.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.