Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
Hop on a single person ATV for an adventurous off-road ride through the wild jungle surrounded tropical vegetation. There will be free time to take a swim in the pool or ocean, or just relax in a lounge chair.
Ride an ATV through the jungle. Visit a Beach Club. Free ime to take a swim or just relax in a lounge chair.Medical restrictions apply. Guests must present a valid driver's license.
Expectant mothers and guests with back/neck injuries, heart conditions or epilepsy may not participate on this excursion.
- Overview: Take your fully automatic 2-person All Terrain Xrail for a ride through off-road trails surrounded by lush jungle on your way to the exotic system of Jade Caverns. Dive into its fresh emerald waters and relax in this magical exotic place.
- Highlights: Drive your All Terrain Xrail to Jade Caverns. Dive into the fresh emerald waters.
- Notes: Driver must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's license. Wear clothes that can get dirty and a bathing suit. Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Overview: Great for families or anyone who has always wanted to meet a dolphin up close and personal.
- Highlights: Participate in a dolphin encounter. Watch sea lion show. Swim, snorkel, or relax on the beach in Chankanaab Park. Enjoy free time to explore the park.
- Notes: Pregnant guests up to 3 months may participate.
OVERVIEW: Meet and interact with the dolphin, pose for a big dolphin kiss and perform various close contact behaviors. The dolphin will push you as you ride a boogie board then glide across the water holding the dolphin's pectoral fins. You will also have a chance to interact with a manatee.
HIGHLIGHTS: Swim and interact with a dolphin. Interact with a manatee. In-water program duration 40 minutes. Enjoy free time to explore Chankanaab Park.
NOTES: Medical restrictions apply. Transportation back to the ship is available every hour.
- Overview: The stingray encounter and snorkel allows you to meet, interact, and learn about these gracious creatures. In shallow water, your encounter with the rays will create stunning memories as they kiss your palm while you feed them and feel their silky wings. Snorkel with more rays and colorful fish in deeper water (4' to 18'). Rays are safe (NO barbs). Once you are done, enjoy the beach club and its amenities.
- Highlights: Meet, interact, feed, and pet stingrays. Snorkel with many rays and colorful fish. Enjoy the beach club, green iguanas posing for pictures, hermit crab races, and water trampoline. Return to your ship or go shop downtown. - Notes: Medical restrictions apply
Prepare yourself for a ride into adventure, wilderness and culture in your own Polaris RZR4 all terrain vehicles. Follow your guide on a caravan and enjoy the fun when you drive on narrow paths surrounded by local vegetation and visit important spots in Cozumel Island. The beach and snorkeling await (snorkeling gear included). Minimum age to participate is 8 years. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries should not participate. Guests with diabetes and heart conditions should not snorkel. Medical restrictions apply. In order to drive, guests must be at least 16 years of age and present a valid driver's license to drive.
The Save a Sea Turtle program has been one of Cozumel's best kept secrets by having local volunteers and a groundbreaking new conservation system. There are several aspects to turtle protection & conservation; the portion that we will do the "save a turtle" portion. Every evening the turtles hatch and make their way to the sea. This is a natural process, but in the frenzy of the nest only 80% of turtles actually have the stamina to climb out. We backtrack the previous evenings events and dig out & rescue the 20% of turtles who were not ready for the dash to the sea and recover these turtles until they are ready to be released. Proceeds are donated to Turtle Program by the Dept. of Ecology.
OVERVIEW: Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula is one of the few places on the planet where you can share the ocean with the world's largest fish, the Whale Shark.
HIGHLIGHTS: Transfer by ferry to the mainland and by van to Cancun. Travel by fast boat to the snorkel location. Snorkel with the world's largest fish, the Whale Shark, which are docile and curious creatures and harmless to humans. Whale shark sightings are guaranteed or a full refund will be provided. Continental breakfast, lunch and soft drinks included
NOTES: Participation is very limited. There is approx. 6 hours of travel during this tour. Participants must be strong swimmers and experienced snorkelers.
OVERVIEW: Xplor is a unique underground world, with activities that invite you to explore the jungle and discover a fantastic world beyond the surface. If you enjoy extreme adventure, enhanced emotions and deep sensations, this tour is perfect for you.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy 13 exciting zip lines through the forest. Journey through the jungle on amphibious vehicles. Swim surrounded by stalactites and stalagmites. Discover a raft route across subterranean caverns. Enjoy a nutritious and light buffet.
NOTES: Your entrance to the park includes life jacket, helmet and harness, raft and hand paddles, two-seated amphibious vehicles, lockers, dressing rooms, showers, and lunch.
- Overview: After a ferry ride to Playa del Carmen and bus ride, you'll arrive at Xcaret Natural Adventure Park where you can enjoy the park's amenities and attractions including swimming and exploring the grounds.
- Highlights: Entrance to Xcaret Natural Adventure Park. Ferry ride to and from the mainland. Lunch is on your own (numerous restaurants available on-site).
- Notes: Medical restrictions apply. The ferry ride is approx. 45 minutes each way. Inclement weather/ rough seas may cause seasickness on the ferry ride, so guests should take the necessary precautions.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.