Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
- Overview: In the deep water swim at Dolphin Cay use hand-held water scooters to control your speed and race alongside dolphins, cruise along the surface, or dive to the depths of their saltwater lagoon. You'll receive an Atlantis map to take a self-guided tour of the Ruins Lagoon and The Dig.
- Highlights: Shuttle to and from Paradise Island. Deep water swim at Dolphin Cay where you can interact and race alongside the dolphins. Time to explore Atlantis including Ruins Lagoon and The Dig.
- Notes: Participants must be able to swim without support vests or assistance. Only credit cards are accepted for purchases in Atlantis.
OVERVIEW: A great combo tour of two vacation highlights interacting with dolphins and exploring the famous Atlantis resort. Encounter dolphins at the Atlantis Dolphin Cay as you meet a new friend for a 30-minute in-water interaction. Your day continues at Aquaventure, the only water park of its kind in the world.
HIGHLIGHTS: Shuttle to and from Paradise Island. Interact with dolphins at Dolphin Cay in the water. Access to Dolphin Cay's private beach. Enjoy Aquaventure, a unique water park.
NOTES: For the dolphin portion, a parent/appointed guardian must participate in the program with children under the age of 10. Only credit cards (with valid ID) are accepted for purchases in Atlantis.
For something truly different, try this fully narrated evening cruise into the notorious Bermuda Triangle. You will learn the history of the "Triangle," and enjoy Illuminated glass bottom views of various marine life and a shipwreck at night, in safe, dry, comfort. A complimentary Rum Swizzle is included, and a full cash bar is available.
OVERVIEW: A once-in-a-lifetime adventure to meet a dolphin. Learn about the life, anatomy, echolocation, and the environment of dolphins before standing on a platform in waist deep water where you will have 30 minutes to interact with your dolphin. Give your new friend a kiss (photos can be purchased).
HIGHLIGHTS: Catamaran cruise to and from Blue Lagoon Island. 30 minutes of shallow water interaction with your dolphin. Approx. 30 minutes of free time to explore and shop.
NOTES: Guests aged 4 to 12 may participate if accompanied in the water by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the encounter.
- Overview: Have the opportunity for some playful and educational interaction with Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins. Partake in a fun and informative introduction as you immerse yourself in an all-natural ocean lagoon where you can play, swim, and enjoy a foot push with your new mammal friend.
- Highlights: Cruise to and from Blue Lagoon Island. Play, swim, and pet Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins. Kiss, hug and experience a foot push.
- Notes: Medical restrictions apply. Guests ages 6 to 12 must be accompanied in the water by a responsible, paying adult. This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Overview: This encounter features hands on contact with sea lions where you can kiss, hug, feed, and play with these affectionate and humorous marine mammals from a waist-deep water platform. You can also observe Atlantic bottlenose dolphins in their pristine natural lagoon setting. This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Highlights: Transfer to and from Blue Lagoon Island via a high-speed double-decker catamaran. Interact with sea lions from a platform in waist-deep water. Observe Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins. Guests ages 8 to 12 must be accompanied (in the water) by a participating paying adult (parent or guardian at least 18 years).
OVERVIEW: Spend time appreciating the beauty and diversity of the Virgin Islands' beautiful butterflies at the Butterfly Farm. This tour is great for the whole family and anyone who is curious about the uniqueness of these captivating creatures. HIGHLIGHTS: Guided tour of the Butterfly Farm. Learn the fascinating life cycle of these interesting creatures. Notes: Visit the Butterfly Farm anytime between 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. 5-10 minute walk from Havensight Pier. - If your ship is berthed at Crown Bay, you will need to use a taxi (Approximately $6 per person each way from Crown Bay to Havensight Mall, but may be subject to change without prior notice).
You'll be taken to the Antigua Rainforest approx. 40 minutes away for a briefing by fully trained and experienced guides. This is an eco-tour through Antigua's rainforest, where you embark on an unforgettable journey via 9 zip lines, 2 suspension bridges, a vertical descent and a tree house. The tour offers uncompromised safety and your state of the art harness and safety helmet are from the world's leaders in challenge course equipment.
You will drive to the wonderful 16 acre St. George Botanical Gardens thought the rainforest (weather permitting). St. George Botanical Gardens grounds were home to a Saladoid Indian Village from 100 to 900 A.D., a Danish Sugar Plantation from 1733 to 1917, a cattle ranch after 1930 and the Botanical Garden from 1972. Next embrace another exciting trip, this time into the world of the famous Captain Morgan. The Captain Morgan Visitors Center is a spectacular tourist attraction that immerses every visitor in a legendary experience that captures the Captain's personality and brings his story, the story of rum and the US Virgin Islands together.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.