Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
Enjoy a taste of Puerto Rico's heritage in all its spirits and color. Learn about the flamenco - a very expressive and artistic dance artform. This is a high-energy, spicy variety show consisting of a guitarist and vivid dancers performing a modernized, slightly risqué versions of the mambo, samba, conga, flamenco and the seductive rumba. Spend an evening with a Spanish showman who is highky reputed in Latin America and the Caribbean. A cocktail beverage is included.
- Overview: Get an overall historical and cultural experience as you enjoy a narrated scenic drive through old and new San Juan.
- Highlights: Travel through old and new San Juan in comfort, on a narrated tour.
- Notes: You have the option of ending the tour in the shopping area of Old San Juan and returning to the ship independently or returning directly to the ship.
- Overview: A walking tour with focus on the Cristobal Fortress, a military fortification built in the 16th century, and the Castle of San Felipe del Morro, an amazing 5 acre fortification built during the 16th century.
- Highlights: Guided tours of Cristobal Fortress, and the Castle of San Felipe Del Morro. Enjoy a brief stop at Quincentennal Square.
- Notes: You will have the option to remain at Cristos Street for some shopping and return to the ship on your own.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.