Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
- Overview: In the deep water swim at Dolphin Cay use hand-held water scooters to control your speed and race alongside dolphins, cruise along the surface, or dive to the depths of their saltwater lagoon. You'll receive an Atlantis map to take a self-guided tour of the Ruins Lagoon and The Dig.
- Highlights: Shuttle to and from Paradise Island. Deep water swim at Dolphin Cay where you can interact and race alongside the dolphins. Time to explore Atlantis including Ruins Lagoon and The Dig.
- Notes: Participants must be able to swim without support vests or assistance. Only credit cards are accepted for purchases in Atlantis.
OVERVIEW: A great combo tour of two vacation highlights interacting with dolphins and exploring the famous Atlantis resort. Encounter dolphins at the Atlantis Dolphin Cay as you meet a new friend for a 30-minute in-water interaction. Your day continues at Aquaventure, the only water park of its kind in the world.
HIGHLIGHTS: Shuttle to and from Paradise Island. Interact with dolphins at Dolphin Cay in the water. Access to Dolphin Cay's private beach. Enjoy Aquaventure, a unique water park.
NOTES: For the dolphin portion, a parent/appointed guardian must participate in the program with children under the age of 10. Only credit cards (with valid ID) are accepted for purchases in Atlantis.
OVERVIEW: A once-in-a-lifetime adventure to meet a dolphin. Learn about the life, anatomy, echolocation, and the environment of dolphins before standing on a platform in waist deep water where you will have 30 minutes to interact with your dolphin. Give your new friend a kiss (photos can be purchased).
HIGHLIGHTS: Catamaran cruise to and from Blue Lagoon Island. 30 minutes of shallow water interaction with your dolphin. Approx. 30 minutes of free time to explore and shop.
NOTES: Guests aged 4 to 12 may participate if accompanied in the water by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the encounter.
- Overview: Have the opportunity for some playful and educational interaction with Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins. Partake in a fun and informative introduction as you immerse yourself in an all-natural ocean lagoon where you can play, swim, and enjoy a foot push with your new mammal friend.
- Highlights: Cruise to and from Blue Lagoon Island. Play, swim, and pet Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins. Kiss, hug and experience a foot push.
- Notes: Medical restrictions apply. Guests ages 6 to 12 must be accompanied in the water by a responsible, paying adult. This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Overview: This encounter features hands on contact with sea lions where you can kiss, hug, feed, and play with these affectionate and humorous marine mammals from a waist-deep water platform. You can also observe Atlantic bottlenose dolphins in their pristine natural lagoon setting. This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Highlights: Transfer to and from Blue Lagoon Island via a high-speed double-decker catamaran. Interact with sea lions from a platform in waist-deep water. Observe Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins. Guests ages 8 to 12 must be accompanied (in the water) by a participating paying adult (parent or guardian at least 18 years).
OVERVIEW: Journey back in time to Nassau's notorious past as a pirate haven. At the Pirates of Nassau Museum, your party will be led below deck on the pirate ship "Revenge" to a showdown with Blackbeard, Capt. Woodes Rodgers and the women pirates, Ann Bonny and Mary Read.
HIGHLIGHTS: During an air-conditioned bus tour, you'll visit Rawson Square, Fort Fincastle, the Queen's Staircase, and Fort Charlotte. Entrance fees to the forts aren't included in the tour price. Then enjoy time to explore the Pirates of Nassau Museum, the highlight of the tour.
NOTES: There's a 1 mile walk back to the ship at the conclusion of the tour.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.