Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
- Overview: Enjoy a kayak adventure to Laguna Grande, one of the only five year round bioluminescent lagoons in the world.
- Highlights: Touch the waters that glow with bioluminescence organisms traveling in double kayaks and watch the stroke of each paddle light up a florescent green and showcase fish that look like shooting stars.
- Notes: This tour is not suggested for guests with a fear of the dark or those who have back or shoulder problems, and is not available for guests that have had recent surgery or guests that are pregnant.
- Overview: Enjoy driving your own ATV through farmlands and rainforests. You'll climb hills, negotiate tight corners, and roam through rugged terrain and river water. This tour is fun for all experience levels and individual riders will take it all at their own speed and within their own capabilities.
- Highlights: Drive an ATV (one person per ATV)
- Notes: Recommend wearing closed toe shoes and long trousers. Suggest bringing cash, towels, and extra clothing to change into after the tour. Must bring valid driver's license.
- Overview: On this excursion, you'll ride on horseback through the foothills of the El Yunque Rain Forest. There will also be an opportunity to swim in the fresh waters of the Mameyes River.
- Highlights: Horseback ride and swim in the Mameyes River.
- Notes: Some medical restrictions apply. All levels of riders are welcome as this is a slow paced, walking only horseback ride. Women who are pregnant may not participate.
- Overview: See old San Juan from a unique vantage point - on a segway. A great way to see various historic sites around old San Juan, including El Morro Fort, the oldest fort under an American flag. No segway experience is necessary to enjoy this tour.
- Highlights: Tour historic old San Juan on a segway and enjoy a walking tour inside El Morro Fort (approx. 25 mins).
- Notes: Some medical restrictions apply. For tour departures after 4:30 pm, there will be no guided tour of the interior of El Morro Fort; alternative sites will be substituted. Given the nature of this tour, women who are pregnant may not participate in this tour.
This is an alternative activity for the Bioluminescent Bay Adventure during full moon nights. After an approx. 1 ½ hour drive, you will be greeted by your guides to receive a brief orientation, and instruction on how to use the kayaks. All needed gear is included - lifejackets, lights and botanical base insect repellent. Guests should wear lightweight clothing and bring a towel. Activity not suggested for guests with fears of the dark or those who have back or shoulder problems. Not available for guests that have had recent surgery or guests that are pregnant.
The jungle comes alive at night! Join this incredible one-of-a-kind tour through the rainforest at night, where bioluminescent bugs and plants are alight all around you. Only 30 minutes from the port of San Juan, you will find The Original Canopy Tour La Marquesa - the safest Canopy Tour experience in the world - developed by the pioneers of this type of activity. Equipped with your headlamp, you will be flying through the forest like an owl while our expert guides take care of you each step and flight of the way. The dual synthetic lines transport you quietly and reflectors are installed on the edges of the platforms and elevated walkways to aid you in your nocturnal expedition.
- Overview: Experience the sights, sounds and beauty that nature has to offer with a guided walk through the El Yunque national rainforest. El Yunque is 28,000 acres of lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forests, rivers, waterfalls, birds, insects, lizards, and beautiful flowers all waiting for you to explore.
- Highlights: Enjoy a guided nature walk through the only tropical rainforest in the US. You'll visit the waterfall La Mina where you'll have a chance to rest. Tour includes water, snacks and backpack.
- Notes: Walking is on a hiking trail made with concrete and natural materials, rocks, dirt, uneven surface, and two sets of stairs.
OVERVIEW: You will cover more than 12 miles on this bicycle tour of San Juan. Enjoy historic sites and beaches in a healthy way and at a different pace.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy a 12 mile bike tour of San Juan with several stops and visit the market place for a light snack and water.
NOTES: Medical restrictions apply. You must have experience and be comfortable riding a bicycle. Women who are over 12 weeks pregnant may not participate.
See Old San Juan from a different perspective! For the adventurous, or anyone who has ever dreamed of running away and joining the circus, this is your chance! Be part of the renovated San Juan waterfront park and take a 2 hour flying trapeze class with the world famous Trapeze School New York and accomplish what you never thought possible: You will learn a knee hang, a backflip onto the net and possibly have the opportunity to fly across to a professional catcher. No experience needed! Your tour package includes a Trapeze School New York T-Shirt and a Trapeze School New York flash drive with professional photos of you to show your friends.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.