Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
Board your air-conditioned coach for the approximately 30-minute drive to Bacardi located in Cataño. Tour the famous Bacardi Visitor Center which traces the famed rum distillery's history and heritage from the company's founding to the present. Enjoy an approximately 90-minute guided tour that visits seven exhibit rooms, including a state-of-the art theater. Your tour concludes with a visit to the Hospitality Pavilion for complimentary cocktail. Bacardi products are available for purchase.
- Overview: Instead of waiting at the airport, see a little of Puerto Rico before heading home. Puerto Rico is well known for the quality of its rum and this tour provides insight into the process of turning raw sugar cane into the finished product.
- Highlights: A visit to one of the largest rum distilleries in the world. Enjoy sample of the finished product and have time to visit the Bacardi shops and museum.
- Notes: The tour concludes at the airport and is available to guests with domestic flights departing from San Juan after 2:30 pm and guests with international flights departing after 3:30 pm. Guests sailing on consecutive cruises will be returned to the pier.
Discover the land and underwater treasures of this small inhabited island located about 8 miles off the coast of Ponce on the southern coast of Puerto Rico. Once the home of indigenous cultures and pirates, the island's Pelicano Beach has been designated a Blue Flag Beach which guarantees a safe and environmentally conscious administration such as water monitoring, Lifeguard presence and restroom facilities.Lounge and swim at any of the four white sand beaches. If you feel more adventurous, there are hiking trails that lead to an old but still-functioning lighthouse, a cave, and a longer trail that takes you to the other end of the island.
Sit back and enjoy the different shades of blue and green while you ride in the Cadillac of seaplanes at 500' above the brilliance of Puerto Rico's northeast shorelines. Be prepared to have your breath taken away as you behold the majestic beauty of nature at its finest - El Yunque Rainforest, the outline of the Spanish Virgin Islands, Icacos Cay, Palomino Island and other islands owned by the Rich and Famous.
- Overview: Instead of sitting at the airport waiting for your flight home, take advantage of this unique opportunity to hike through the famous El Yunque National Forest. El Yunque encompasses 28,000 acres and reaches an elevation of 3,526 feet, so it is pleasantly cool.
- Highlights: Hike through El Yunque National Forest along the Caimitillo Trail with stops at the Yohaku observation tower and Coca Waterfall.
- Notes: This tour is only available to guests with flights departing from San Juan at 4 pm or later. For those guests on consecutive cruises, this tour will return to the vessel.
Don't miss this great opportunity to visit El Yunque National Rainforest, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. An approximate 45 minute drive will bring you to enjoy the panoramic view of the tropical woodland with a vast variety of flora and crystalline waterfalls that spread over hills and valleys. You'll stop briefly at one of its waterfalls, the Observation Tower and the Tourist Visitation Center. You will also have the opportunity to take a short stroll on a mostly paved trail for a closer contact with the surroundings. Choose to visit El Yunque and experience nature and its true beauty!
Don't miss this great opportunity to hike at El Yunque National Rainforest, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. A scenic drive of approximately an hour will bring you to where your hiking adventure begins. Your guide will lead you through the wilderness of the rainforest on an approximately two-hour hike (1 1/2 mile roundtrip). During this time you will enjoy the views of this tropical woodland, its vast variety of flora and if weather permits even get the chance for a quick dip into the base of one its most beautiful waterfalls. Come along and experience nature and its true beauty!
- Overview: See old San Juan from a unique vantage point - on a segway. A great way to see various historic sites around old San Juan, including El Morro Fort, the oldest fort under an American flag. No segway experience is necessary to enjoy this tour.
- Highlights: Tour historic old San Juan on a segway and enjoy a walking tour inside El Morro Fort (approx. 25 mins).
- Notes: Some medical restrictions apply. For tour departures after 4:30 pm, there will be no guided tour of the interior of El Morro Fort; alternative sites will be substituted. Given the nature of this tour, women who are pregnant may not participate in this tour.
Snorkel, kayak, rest, play and explore a beautiful, white sandy beach right here in Old San Juan. Join us on an exciting 25-minute walking tour to learn about the value of the Third Millennium National Park including an eco-friendly squeeze bottle, snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins and inflatable vest), kayak and locker rentals, a 1:30-hour shore kayak and snorkeling tour of the Escambrón Marine Park with a professional guide. Throughout your kayak and snorkeling adventure you will discover the city of Atlantis, our reefs and the historic "fish protection wall". Here you will get up close and personal with the "sea monsters", colorful fish which you can feed right off your hands!
- Overview: Get an overall historical and cultural experience as you enjoy a narrated scenic drive through old and new San Juan.
- Highlights: Travel through old and new San Juan in comfort, on a narrated tour.
- Notes: You have the option of ending the tour in the shopping area of Old San Juan and returning to the ship independently or returning directly to the ship.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.