Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
Hop on a single person ATV for an adventurous off-road ride through the wild jungle surrounded tropical vegetation. There will be free time to take a swim in the pool or ocean, or just relax in a lounge chair.
Ride an ATV through the jungle. Visit a Beach Club. Free ime to take a swim or just relax in a lounge chair.Medical restrictions apply. Guests must present a valid driver's license.
Expectant mothers and guests with back/neck injuries, heart conditions or epilepsy may not participate on this excursion.
OVERVIEW: Be part of this trip into the Mayan world as you try to uncover the mysteries around this enigmatic culture. You will enjoy a great combination including one of the largest and oldest Mayan cities, Coba, followed by a delicious lunch an amazing setting with a delicious lunch.
HIGHLIGHTS: Guided tour of the ruins of Coba followed by lunch in a cavern.
NOTES: The ferry ride is approx. 45 minutes and bus transfer is 1 hour and 45 minutes each way. Inclement weather/rough seas may cause seasickness on the ferry ride, so guests should take the necessary precautions.
OVERVIEW: There are many ways to explore Cozumel Island but have you ever imagined doing it on Segway? Come and enjoy this self-balanced personal transportation device on a fun adventure.
HIGHLIGHTS: Learn how to ride a Segway and then practice your new skills riding along the coastline. A refreshment stop en route will allow you to take a break to stretch your legs and your guide will share some tales and interesting facts about the island and its people. Enjoy a stop at the beach to relax or swim.
NOTES: Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Overview: Enjoy an immersion in Cozumel's rich past and present on this fun-filled tour. Stroll through tropical gardens filled with miniature Mexican landmarks at Discover Mexico Park, and see the ruins of a Mayan village in historic El Cedral. Admire the beauty of the island's east coast at El Mirador. Sample top-flight tequila at Hacienda Antigua, and end the day shopping.
- Highlights: Visit Discover Mexico, a unique theme park. Enjoy a guided scenic tour of the island. Shop in downtown Cozumel.
Discover the local flavor of Cozumel as you drive your Jeep Wrangler through spots that carve the history of the island. Highlights: visit El Mirador, Tequila Hacienda, a local beach, the two Cultures Plaza. Notes: Participants must be at least 21 years of age to drive and must present a valid driver's license. The price is per person, not by vehicle, vehicles hold 4 passengers and participants will share vehicle with other guests. All jeeps are stick shift.
- Overview: Enjoy the beauty and wealth of the Mexican culture in comfort and at your leisure as you explore Discover Mexico Park.
- Highlights: Enjoy an exterior walk of Mexico's archeological sites as large scale models. Visit the on site museum, and video experience room. Round trip transportation included with optional drop off downtown
- Notes: Give yourself approximately 90 minutes to enjoy this self guided experience. Round trip transportation provided with an optional drop off at downtown is offered at the end of the tour.
Prepare yourself for a ride into adventure, wilderness and culture in your own Polaris RZR4 all terrain vehicles. Follow your guide on a caravan and enjoy the fun when you drive on narrow paths surrounded by local vegetation and visit important spots in Cozumel Island. The beach and snorkeling await (snorkeling gear included). Minimum age to participate is 8 years. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries should not participate. Guests with diabetes and heart conditions should not snorkel. Medical restrictions apply. In order to drive, guests must be at least 16 years of age and present a valid driver's license to drive.
- Overview: Discover the history and culture of the Mayan people during a visit to a traditional Mayan village where you see traditional thatched-roof Mayan houses, medicinal gardens, cooking techniques, and ceremonies and learn about the myths, histories, and beliefs of the Mayan world.
- Highlights: Enjoy a narrated, scenic ride through a traditional Mayan village aboard an air conditioned motor coach.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.