Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
Board your air-conditioned coach for the approximately 30-minute drive to Bacardi located in Cataño. Tour the famous Bacardi Visitor Center which traces the famed rum distillery's history and heritage from the company's founding to the present. Enjoy an approximately 90-minute guided tour that visits seven exhibit rooms, including a state-of-the art theater. Your tour concludes with a visit to the Hospitality Pavilion for complimentary cocktail. Bacardi products are available for purchase.
- Overview: Instead of waiting at the airport, see a little of Puerto Rico before heading home. Puerto Rico is well known for the quality of its rum and this tour provides insight into the process of turning raw sugar cane into the finished product.
- Highlights: A visit to one of the largest rum distilleries in the world. Enjoy sample of the finished product and have time to visit the Bacardi shops and museum.
- Notes: The tour concludes at the airport and is available to guests with domestic flights departing from San Juan after 2:30 pm and guests with international flights departing after 3:30 pm. Guests sailing on consecutive cruises will be returned to the pier.
- Overview: Enjoy a kayak adventure to Laguna Grande, one of the only five year round bioluminescent lagoons in the world.
- Highlights: Touch the waters that glow with bioluminescence organisms traveling in double kayaks and watch the stroke of each paddle light up a florescent green and showcase fish that look like shooting stars.
- Notes: This tour is not suggested for guests with a fear of the dark or those who have back or shoulder problems, and is not available for guests that have had recent surgery or guests that are pregnant.
Discover the land and underwater treasures of this small inhabited island located about 8 miles off the coast of Ponce on the southern coast of Puerto Rico. Once the home of indigenous cultures and pirates, the island's Pelicano Beach has been designated a Blue Flag Beach which guarantees a safe and environmentally conscious administration such as water monitoring, Lifeguard presence and restroom facilities.Lounge and swim at any of the four white sand beaches. If you feel more adventurous, there are hiking trails that lead to an old but still-functioning lighthouse, a cave, and a longer trail that takes you to the other end of the island.
- Overview: Enjoy driving your own ATV through farmlands and rainforests. You'll climb hills, negotiate tight corners, and roam through rugged terrain and river water. This tour is fun for all experience levels and individual riders will take it all at their own speed and within their own capabilities.
- Highlights: Drive an ATV (one person per ATV)
- Notes: Recommend wearing closed toe shoes and long trousers. Suggest bringing cash, towels, and extra clothing to change into after the tour. Must bring valid driver's license.
- Overview: On this excursion, you'll ride on horseback through the foothills of the El Yunque Rain Forest. There will also be an opportunity to swim in the fresh waters of the Mameyes River.
- Highlights: Horseback ride and swim in the Mameyes River.
- Notes: Some medical restrictions apply. All levels of riders are welcome as this is a slow paced, walking only horseback ride. Women who are pregnant may not participate.
Sit back and enjoy the different shades of blue and green while you ride in the Cadillac of seaplanes at 500' above the brilliance of Puerto Rico's northeast shorelines. Be prepared to have your breath taken away as you behold the majestic beauty of nature at its finest - El Yunque Rainforest, the outline of the Spanish Virgin Islands, Icacos Cay, Palomino Island and other islands owned by the Rich and Famous.
- Overview: Instead of sitting at the airport waiting for your flight home, take advantage of this unique opportunity to hike through the famous El Yunque National Forest. El Yunque encompasses 28,000 acres and reaches an elevation of 3,526 feet, so it is pleasantly cool.
- Highlights: Hike through El Yunque National Forest along the Caimitillo Trail with stops at the Yohaku observation tower and Coca Waterfall.
- Notes: This tour is only available to guests with flights departing from San Juan at 4 pm or later. For those guests on consecutive cruises, this tour will return to the vessel.
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.