Make the most of your vacation with a shore and land excursion that appeals to your interests. Knowledgeable, professional guides lead all excursions and offer special insights into the culture, history, wildlife, and geology of each destination. Discover first-hand how islanders went about the business of growing, harvesting and refining sugar in 18th century Barbados. Take an invigorating mush across a snow-covered glacier aboard an Alaskan dogsled. Or stroll through the maze of tiny streets in Mykonos, the birthplace of Apollo.
OVERVIEW: Tour one of the most sought after great houses of the 18th century and discover the ruins of buildings that were once the jewel of the Caribbean on its estate grounds. Visit the local pottery house and enjoy an authentic Jamaican lunch. HIGHLIGHTS: Tour the Good Hope Great House built in the 1700's. Jamaica jerk grill BBQ lunch. NOTES: There are approximately 15 steps to enter the great house.
- Overview: Join a day of discovery on a tour that takes you to an historic town, a rural school, a historic sugar estate and food tasting on an island by the river. Highlights: Tour historic Falmouth, including St Peter's Anglican Church and William Knibb Memorial Baptist Church. Visit an 18th century estate owned by a prominent Jamaican family. Visit a rural school and interact with the children. Jamaican snack of jerk chicken, fresh fruits, juices, and Jamaica's famous rums included.
Join hands for an exciting climb to the top of the famous Dunn's River Falls. Then visit Bamboo Beach Club where "reggae-style" hospitality reigns. Sprawling almond trees, clear blue water and breathtaking views create an unforgettable tropical paradise. Enjoy a variety of shows as dancers, singers, and drummers perform fun and exciting routines in the sand. Take a swim in the sea, bask in the sun, and enjoy unlimited food and drinks as our DJ plays a mix of reggae beats. Dancing in the morning, drinking cocktails at noon, and taking it "cool" is Bamboo Beach Club's philosophy.
- Overview: Rafting on the Martha Brae is a unique Jamaican experience not to be missed by any visitor to the island. - Highlights: Ride on a 30 ft bamboo raft, over three miles of the Martha Brae River. Enjoy a Jamaican lunch.
- Overview: A combination of Jamaican experiences including time to relax at the beach, a cruise along the coast, climbing the world famous Dunn's River Falls, and buffet lunch with island specialties.
- Highlights: Relax on the beach at Shaw Park. Take a cruise along the coastline. Climb the 600 ft. Dunn's River Falls. Island buffet lunch included.
- Notes: Please be aware there is a certain amount of agility needed to climb Dunn's River Falls. It is optional to climb the falls on this tour. Wear aqua shoes, rubber-soled strap sandals or rubber-soled sneakers to climb the falls.
Overview: This tour allows you to experience one of the most well-known attractions in Jamaica, Dunn's River Falls, with a very different experience, riding the Bobsled Jamaica through 3,280 feet of twists and turns. Highlights: Climb Dunn's River Falls. Ride the Rainforest Sky Explorer (chairlift) up 700 feet. Ride the Bobsled Jamaica featuring a gravity-driven plunge through 3,280 feet of twists and turns. Notes: Please be aware there is a certain amount of agility needed to climb Dunn's River Falls. It is optional to climb the falls on this tour. Wear aqua shoes, rubber-soled strap sandals or rubber-soled sneakers to climb the falls.
Perhaps the most magnificent Catamaran excursion in Jamaica sail along the Montego coastline passing homes,hotels and beaches owned by the rich and famous enjoying the tropical sun, delicate ocean spray, Champagne,Fruit juices, Mimosa!! Then relax and let time pass you by along the beaches of the world famous Doctor's Cave Beach. Walk along the hip strip, soak up the culture ... and later travel by motor coach stopping only for in bond merchandise on your way back to the cruise ship pier.
Explore a beautifully preserved plantation and discover its unique culture! Chukka's Good Hope Estate boasts more than 2,000 acres of lush plant life, scenic views and the majestic Martha Brae River. Your Estate Pass also includes access to our brand new pool and leisure area, Colonial Village and children's playground. See, smell, touch and taste many of our unique locally manufactured products, including Appleton Estate Rum, Jablum Coffee and Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning. Be sure to take a stroll through our 9,000-square-foot interactive aviary of exotic and indigenous birds!
Important: Please remember you have up to 4 days prior to your sail date to purchase your regular shore excursions online. If you are within the 4 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions onboard; land excursions would need to be purchased directly through your Tour Director on the land portion of the Alaska Cruisetour. For example, if you are sailing on October 18, you can make Shore & Land Excursion purchases online until October 13.