We believe in opening up the world for kids through enriching and inspiring experiences.
Endless options for family cruise fun
Our award-winning cruise experience is designed for all ages and interests. Most programs are geared to specific age groups and supervised by experienced youth staff members.
Age Groups in Fun Factory/X-Club Teens
Toddler Time for children under age 3: Toddler time allows parents and toddlers to interact with other children their age and toys suitable for this age group. In accordance with USPH standards, each ship offers lavatory-based changing tables and baby wipes. Parents/guardians must accompany their child during Toddler Time and toddlers do not need to be potty-trained. Available during select times each day.
• Fun Factory for ages 3-11: Activities, arranged by age group, are available 9AM-10PM every day. Kids can participate in exciting games, sports, crafts, music, karaoke, treasure hunts, theme parties, movies and more.
• Shipmates℠ (Ages 3-5): Shipmates must be completely, independently toilet-trained and diaper/pull-up free. Exceptions cannot be made. Shipmates must be signed in and out of the program by an adult age 18 or over who knows the child's password.
• Cadets℠ (Ages 6-8): Cadets must be signed in and out of the program by an adult age 18 or over who knows the child's password.
• Ensigns℠ (Ages 9-11): Based in the Fun Factory, but frequently use other venues throughout the ship. Ensigns sign themselves in/out of programs until 10PM, unless otherwise indicated on their Parental Consent Form. After 10PM, Ensigns require an adult to sign them out.
X-Club Teen Entertainment - For young adults, Celebrity offers the ultimate hangout place for teens, featuring social activities, the newest gaming consoles and titles, sports activities, even teens-only late night dances. All activities are hosted and supervised by Youth Counselors.
Kids' Camp at Sea – STEM, Recreation, Art, and Culinary
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
• Anturus Explorer Academy - "Adventure Through Science" makes the links between science and the everyday world more visible and fun. These sessions are filled with experiments, demos, videos and activities (topics like Time, Navigation, etc.)
• Lonely Planet for Kids - "You Rule!" activity where children develop their own countries— creating a flag, and developing the topography, type of currency, main sources of income, etc.
• Enhanced iTake Program – Young visionaries brainstorm a storyboard for short videos to be created. Then, armed with GoPro Hero 3 video cameras, they'll head out to get the shots they planned—even underwater! After the filming, they'll learn how to edit their videos in our Celebrity iLounge℠. Prizes will be awarded. Complimentary program lasts about 4 hours. Available on all ships except in the Galapagos.
Recreation Part 1
• Xbox Program - Enjoy one of the largest Xbox experiences at sea. We've outfitted our ships with dedicated Xbox gameplay stations and mobile consoles for one of the largest game experiences at sea. Play solo or take part in Xbox tournaments and game nights. We even have programming for adults (don't tell the kids!). Free Xbox gameplay is available during specified hours in the Fun Factory and X-Club for registered children and teens. Adults can enjoy their own Xbox experiences like Zumba parties, racing tournaments, and other fun games in various lounges on the ship.
• Fat Brain Toys – Delivering the latest and greatest toys from around the world. We also offer a fast-paced "Challenge Series Session" where junior cruisers try to beat the clock in activities that challenge mind and body.
• Unique twists on popular camp games – Have you ever tried a sing-along that turned into a massive Jenga build-and-battle, or a Capture the Flag mixed with a photo scavenger hunt? We've create modern versions of camp favorites that will leave our junior cruisers begging for more.
• Team building –Various activities will bring our junior cruisers together every session and leave them with lots of new #bestseafriends.
• Anki Drive – It's a racing game like no other. It uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics to take the best of video games and combine it with the best of physical games. It's a video game in the real world, offered throughout the entire cruise for all campers.
• Creation Station – An immersive art program that allows children and their families to express themselves in a creative and fun way. Every Creation Station utilizes different materials, which allows participants to learn in an artistically tactile environment.
• Build Your Own Cupcake – Create custom cupcake masterpieces with a variety of flavors, frostings and candies
• Kid-friendly dining – Kids' menus, as well as special accommodations, even for our pickiest eater
• Baking With the Pizza Masters – Learn how to mix and bake pizza with our master bakers. Cook in our main kitchens while wearing your own chef's toque and apron. Parents are invited to attend.
• Behind-the-Scenes Galley Tour
• Non-Alcoholic Flair Mixology – Socialize and mingle with specialty-crafted mocktails especially for kids
• Dinner Parties – our junior cruisers have the chance to have an extra hour of their favorite Summer Camp Activities and then a kids-only dinner. Offered every evening.
Endless Kids' Camp At Sea
• Summer Camp Games
• Build Your Own S'Mores
• Campfire Stories
• Sing Alongs
• Explore the Night Sky with Anturus
Available for families while the ship is in port and during the evenings for a fee of $6 per hour.
Lunch Party – port days only from 12PM-2PM. Kids dine with Youth Staff on the Lido Deck, then move on to afternoon activities. Pre-registration required by 11:45AM.
Dinner Party – every evening from 5PM-7PM. Kids start out in the Fun Factory from 5PM-6PM, then dine with Youth Staff at 6PM on the Lido Deck, then carry on into evening activities. Pre-registration required by 5:45PM.
Slumber Party – every evening from 10PM-1AM, children ages 3-11 can Slumber or Party depending on needs and choices. Ends promptly at 1AM. At 1AM, an immediate $20 late fee applies. After 2AM, a $25/hr. late fee applies.
V.I.P. Passes for Kids – unlimited access to all kids' program activities. This one time fee offers more than 40% off the cost of individual parties. Also, V.I.P Pass holders receive goodie bags and enjoy exclusive experiences like a behind-the-scenes ship tour. Additional charge applies.
Babysitting Services – enjoy a night out. Use our babysitting services, in either the Fun Factory or your stateroom. For a fee of $6 per hour per child, children ages 3-11 can participate in the Afternoon Party from noon-2PM on port days and/or the evening Slumber Party from 10PM-1AM. Parents can arrange for a private, in-stateroom babysitter, subject to availability for a fee of $19 per hour, for up to three children within the same family. Children must be 12 months or older for in-stateroom babysitting. Please arrange 24 hours in advance.
Autism Friendly Ships
We've proudly achieved the Autism Friendly Cruise Line status, having completed certification with Autism on the Seasâ¢. This is awarded to cruise lines that ensure their products and services are accessible for participation by the autism and developmental disability community.
Celebrity Cruises offers autism-friendly interactive initiatives for families living with autism. This includes sensory-friendly films and toys, dietary menu options, and overall autism-friendly training for Fun Factory staff and more.
Note: Children fully toilet trained and pull-up/diaper-free are able to utilize pools onboard. Children must be 3 years old, toilet-trained and pull-up/diaper-free to enter youth program facilities and activities, unless accompanied by a parent. Exceptions to this rule cannot be made. Activities varies by ship. Check onboard for a complete list of offerings on your sailing. A nominal charge applies on select activities. Children's products and services are not available on Celebrity Xpedition®.