Celebrity Cruises Presents Exclusive Experiences For Loyal Guests With President & Ceo Michael Bayley
Imagine an evening of open-air entertainment and a complimentary dinner rich with authentic Italian fare and robust local wines in Bolgheri, a 15th Century medieval village in Tuscany. For Celebrity Cruises’ Captain’s Club members on the modern luxury line’s “President’s Cruise” in 2014, that’s just one of the special experiences they’re likely to remember long after the cruise.
Celebrity Cruises President & CEO Michael Bayley will personally host the seven-night sailing on Celebrity Equinoxdeparting from Rome (Civitavecchia) July 26, 2014, with a series of events designed exclusively for members of Celebrity’s Captain’s Club loyalty program (“Classic” level membership or higher).
In addition to the exceptional evening in the medieval village of Bolgheri, considered the ultimate destination for Super Tuscan wine enthusiasts, Celebrity’s President’s Cruise will allow Captain’s Club members and other guests to book dining experiences offered exclusively on this sailing, each representing Celebrity’s culinary excellence:
• A Taste of Nice: This four-course Mediterranean dinner will feature locally-caught seafood, farm-to-table vegetables, artisanal olive oils, local wine pairings and dessert, all created by Celebrity Chefs Thomas Szymanski and Thierry Houlbert, and served in Celebrity's elegant Murano restaurant. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.
• Molecular Cocktail dinner: Captain's Club members on this sailing can join Celebrity's James Beard-featured Chef John Suley and "The Liquid Chef" Junior Merino on a tour de force fusion of cocktails from Celebrity's Molecular Bar paired with a 'uniquely unordinary' menu inspired by Celebrity's engaging specialty restaurant, Qsine. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.
• James Beard House dinner: Celebrity was the first cruise line to be invited to prepare dinner at the revered James Beard House in 2012, and the menu for this evening will replicate it exactly, with globally influenced classic and contemporary creations. The intimate, four-course dinner complete with an international array of award-winning wines and desserts will be served in the private Murano restaurant wine cellar and will be co-hosted by Master Sommelier Andrea Immer Robinson. The prix fixe menu is $195 per person, and includes a copy of Celebrity's hardbound "Excite the Senses" culinary and lifestyle book.
• New York Pop-Up evening: Celebrity was the first cruise line to introduce a pop-up restaurant on land in 2012, and this dining experience will recreate it on Celebrity Equinox for Captain's Club members who reserve a space. The modern seasonal creations on the four-course menu designed by Chef Suley feature dishes prepared exclusively with sustainable and organic products. Co-hosted by Master Sommelier Andrea Immer Robinson, the dinner includes wines and dessert, along with a copy of Celebrity's hardbound "Excite the Senses" culinary and lifestyle book. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.• A Taste of Spain: Captain's Club members who book this experience will enjoy traditional tapas, such as Iberico ham and samplings of olive oils direct from Andalusia. Celebrity Chefs Rufino Rengifo and Thierry Houlbert will host the evening together with Master Sommelier Andrea Immer Robinson, and will pair Spanish delicacies with fine wines including Riojas, Priorats and Sherry. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.
Guests on this sailing also can purchase select shore excursions, including a scenic tour and tasting at the Tenute Nozzole winery, or Celebrity ExclusivesSM, such as a hot air balloon ride over the Tuscan countryside, a tour via Ferrari of the Côte d’Azur, and a specially designed helicopter flight prior to an intimate lunch at renowned Chef Alain Ducasse’s Provencal Inn. Space is extremely limited within the collection of Celebrity Exclusives, and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
After departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), guests on Celebrity Cruises’ 7-night President’s Cruise in 2014 will visit some of the finest destinations in the Mediterranean, including Florence, Italy; Nice (Villefranche), France; Ajaccio, Corsica; Porto Torres (Sardinia), Italy; and Palma de Mallorca, Spain, concluding in Barcelona, Spain.
The exceptional entertainment lineup on this sailing will include:
• Tenors Unlimited, known as "the rat pack of opera," who have performed alongside such notables as Sting, Lionel Richie and Simply Red
• The Overtures, who will perform some of the best music of the '60s, from the music of the famous "fab four," The Beatles, to the folk-rock of The Mamas & The Papas
• A comedy variety night starring Pete Matthews, widely recognized as the premier comedy juggler in the UK, together with ventriloquist Gareth Oliver, who reached the live semifinals of Britain's Got Talent
• Perry Grant, a professional singer-pianist whose style, personality and piano-bar presentation of big-band style arrangements have made him a longtime favorite among Celebrity's most loyal guests
• Authentic Broadway entertainment through Celebrity's unique partnership with Manhattan's 54 Below: Broadway's Supper Club
• Direct from Las Vegas, and introduced earlier this year on three Celebrity ships: Sin City Comedy, a late-night stand-up comedy show with a sexy touch of burlesque
• String Fever, a quartet of world class musicians who blend classical and rock & roll music with comedy to create a genre-defying show
Captain’s Club members can learn more about the President’s Cruise and the special events Celebrity has created exclusively for them by logging into their member account at www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club.About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises’ iconic “X” is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111 or call your travel agent.