Celebrity Cruises Brings 'Solsticizing' Initiative Full Circle
Celebrity Cruises is bringing its ambitious, $140-million "Solsticizing" initiative - the modern luxury brand's coined term for adding onto its four Millennium Class ships some of the most popular venues and experiences found on its five award-winning Solstice Class ships - full circle beginning today, as Celebrity Constellation enters a scheduled drydock period to add the full complement of Solstice Class-inspired features and attributes guests love on the ship's three Millennium Class sister ships.
Celebrity Constellation in 2010 was the first of the four to be Solsticized, with the addition of the specialty restaurant Tuscan Grille, new staterooms, renovated bathrooms, new bedding, new flat-screen TVs, entirely refreshed public spaces, and new color schemes throughout the ship. Based on positive guest response, Celebrity then chose to add even more guest-favorite Solstice Class features onto sister ships Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Millennium and Celebrity Summit as each completed the Solsticizing project, and now, Celebrity Constellation will feature the full complement, too.
When the ship re-enters service May 5, 2013, the following new features and venues will join those that were added in 2010:
- Celebrity's stylish AquaClass accommodations - a total of 107 staterooms (70 entirely new; 37 converted from ConciergeClass) - highlighted by exclusive access to the Mediterranean-themed "Blu" specialty restaurant and complimentary access to the soothing Persian Garden and Relaxation Room in the ship's revitalizing AquaSpa.
- A total of 17 new oceanview and 12 inside staterooms
- Spacious verandas accompanying the ship's eight luxurious Celebrity Suites, complete with 24/7 butler service.
- The hip Celebrity iLounge - which made Celebrity the first Authorized Apple Reseller upon introduction on Celebrity Eclipse in 2010, and has since evolved to Celebrity's designation as an Apple Specialist - with Apple workstations, informative classes on the latest products and technologies, and a retail store.
- Full wi-fi capability throughout the ship.
- The trendy craft beer experience first introduced in Michael's Club across Celebrity's Solstice Class fleet now also will be offered in Celebrity Constellation's Michael's Club.
- New meetings and conference space accommodating up to 208 guests, courtesy of reconfiguring the prior area to one large room that can be divided into two spaces.
- All suites and staterooms will feature new mattresses made by Reverie. Custom-designed for Celebrity Cruises, the mattresses are hand-made in the U.S. with natural raw materials farmed in a sustainable manner, and are nearly entirely recyclable and/or biodegradable. The mattresses also feature removable covers that are hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial and dust mite-resistant.
- All suites onboard will feature premium Reverie mattresses with all of the same attributes, in addition to the ability to allow guests to tailor their sleep experience to their personal preferences -from extra plush to firm - with the help of their butler.
- Rounding out the Solsticizing initiative throughout Celebrity Constellation will be new color schemes, new carpeting and new upholstery reflective of the Solstice Class, new sun loungers on the pool decks, and an upgraded basketball court.
To allow consumers to share in the celebration of the additional Solsticizing of Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Cruises invites them to "get their game on" with an online "Memory Match" game running from April 20 through May 20, 2013. Enticing instant-win prizes range from an iPad to a gift card to Celebrity's sleek, hardbound "Excite the Senses" lifestyle book, complete with Celebrity recipes, tips for at-home and holiday and other dinner parties, unique table settings, mixology lessons, and rich imagery to bring it all to life. Visit www.celebritycruises.com/matchgame.
Celebrity also has announced that the plush Reverie mattresses that will enhance guests' sleep experience on Celebrity Constellation will be available for purchase with a special offer from May 1 through July 1, 2013. Any consumer who purchases a Reverie Dream mattress through Celebrity Cruises will receive a complimentary deluxe adjustable foundation, with a retail value of up to $1,800 (www.celebrityexhalebedding.com, coupon code 2FOR1).
For a rare insiders' look at the additional Solsticizing of Celebrity Constellation, follow the progress socially on Celebrity's Facebook page, at www.facebook.com/celebritycruises.
Celebrity Constellation will re-enter service May 5, 2013, setting sail from Miami, Fla., on a 15-night Eastbound Transatlantic voyage to Amsterdam, Netherlands, where the ship will present a seasonal series of modern luxury Scandinavia, Russia and Baltic vacations.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers' precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111 or call your travel agent.